Arnova Tablet Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnova Tablet Problem

Help! I was trying to download Arctools app on my Arnova 10b 2g 4gb tablet. Following directions and thought I should download firmware. It started to download then I was reading on my laptop that it might cause trouble if the tablet wasn't 8gb, mine is only 4gb. So I hurriedly stopped the download (or so I thought). Decided that I didn't need the amazon store apps or the google play (because I have been working on this for hours). My tablet powered off but when I restarted it, it began the calibration test and a message came on to 'install or cancel new firmware'. The message is frozen, I can't install or cancel. I shut the tablet off again, same thing occurs. I tried reset button several times and nothing helps. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?? I would appreciate any help that you could give me, thanks

Originally posted by mimiweaver View Post
    Help! I was trying to download Arctools app on my Arnova 10b 2g 4gb tablet. Following directions and thought I should download firmware. It started to download then I was reading on my laptop that it might cause trouble if the tablet wasn't 8gb, mine is only 4gb. So I hurriedly stopped the download (or so I thought). Decided that I didn't need the amazon store apps or the google play (because I have been working on this for hours). My tablet powered off but when I restarted it, it began the calibration test and a message came on to 'install or cancel new firmware'. The message is frozen, I can't install or cancel. I shut the tablet off again, same thing occurs. I tried reset button several times and nothing helps. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?? I would appreciate any help that you could give me, thanks

Because your using that Arctools junk, you need to go on arctablet.com for help.

But to try and help, you do not state what tablet you have, etc?
    We might be able to help more if you gave the details about what your device is!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Because your using that Arctools junk, you need to go on arctablet.com for help.

But to try and help, you do not state what tablet you have, etc?
      We might be able to help more if you gave the details about what your device is!

Bob
      Bob, so sorry that I was trying to use Arctools junk, but......I was following the Arnova website articles, so excuse me for my ignorance. If you ever need any help with your heart, be sure to contact me as I work in a Coronary Intensive Care Unit, okay!!!!! LOL

I have an Arnova 10b G2 4GB Dual Touch tablet, I had restored it to the factory settings before setting out on my wayward journey into oblivion. I can't get the touch screen to work at all, as I said it tries to run through the callibration step, then the message about trying to install the program comes on and freezes the screen. I have tried resetting while holding the volume + button down as it states in one article about another 'freezing' episode.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Comment

If you ever need any help with your heart, be sure to contact me as I work in a Coronary Intensive Care Unit, okay!!!!! LOL
        I might do that! Seeing as heart desease may run in the family!

My Dad had a massive coronary in 1973 (age 51) but he is still alive today at 89 but with a lot of CHF conditions. In fact he is in the hospital now as they try to balanace the condition using lasics to try and clear his lungs. Over the last 2 years he is in and out of the hosptial it seems every 6 months. You caught me at one of those times unfortunatly. This is maybe why I am a little short tempered?
        So you know back in 73 bypass surgery was MAYBE a 5 year life span. So they did not do it. They told him his leg arteries were clogged too so they did not want to do it. But yet they told him he had maybe 5-10 years to live. With drugs and good doctors he lasted a long time. Then finally in 1992 at age 69, they had to do bypass surgery! I have to say. WOW have things changed since 1973. In 1979 I knew a person that had bypass sugery and he died about 5 years later. Now it is a freakin conveyor belt! They do it, whip them out in like 3 days! Will miracle of science never change? I hope at 53, I do not have a heart attack! I suck at seeing the doctor too... Maybe because I am like my old man and don't care?

Seeing as heart desease may run in the family? Or NOT?
        My Dad was shitty at diet. Everything had to be butter! Never ate veggies and if he did, smothered in butter! So I think heart desease really does not run the in the family as I am 53 and no conditions! Or might it strill exists?

I have an Arnova 10b G2 4GB Dual Touch tablet, I had restored it to the factory settings before setting out on my wayward journey into oblivion. I can't get the touch screen to work at all, as I said it tries to run through the callibration step, then the message about trying to install the program comes on and freezes the screen. I have tried resetting while holding the volume + button down as it states in one article about another 'freezing' episode
        As for your Arnova, I suggest you flash the stock ROM. Do you know how to do that?

Bob

Comment

Freezing Arnova Tablet

Bob, you are allowed to be a little short-tempered, my excuse is that I am ignorant when it comes to 'techy' things. My father had a mild heart attack at age 56, had a cardiac cath, triple-bypass surgery at the renowned Cleveland Clinic-had the head of the open heart unit do the surgery. Made an amazing recovery time, came home in 7 days which was great back in 1982. But he passed away 2 days later at age 57~quite a shock because surgeon said he had the heart of a 20 year old because he fixed it. My brother has cardiomyopathy which is degeneration of the heart muscle. I have high cholesterol controlled by meds. Hoping for another few decades to enjoy my grandchildren.

I hope someone can come up with a fix for my tablet, doesn't have many hours on it Thanks again! I didn't see the end of the post, but no I have NO idea how to 'flash the stock ROM'?
          Last edited by mimiweaver; 11-10-2012, 03:34. Reason: added a comment

Comment

I am not a doctor but back in 1982 is not like today. A friend of mine's Dad at 74 just had a quad. He was out in 4 days. That was about 6 motnhs ago and the geezer went white water rafting about a month ago. Maybe I should not call him a geezer as I am getting there

Maybe I am wrong, but bypass surgery has become a "conveyor belt Henry Ford process" now with HUGE success. Again remember, that I remember, how it was in the late 70's. It really was somewhat a process in it's infancy. The success rate was not NEAR as good as it is now.

OK sorry..... Back to your Arnova.
            To flash a ROM using the tools, see this post. This is in fact all about Arnova tabs and how to UNBRICK using the PC flash tools.

Also see this:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-for-flashing!

WHAT"S UP DOC?

Bob

Comment

Arnova freeze

I will try to work on my Arnova over the weekend if I have time, have to work all weekend and Monday but will get to it in the evenings. Will keep you updated on my efforts.
              ~~~~yes CABG's are much more refined now, I am just hoping I can avoid one in the future.
              Thanks so far!

Comment

OK debate

I would LOVE to hear from a heart Doc!

Why is heart desease higher in the USA than in say Italy or most of the world?

The myths please?
                Everyone thinks it is drinking red wine in Italy. So they think they can have diets like a pig but drink red wine and be saved! Myth? or Truth?

My take on all this myth stuff... Is MODERATION!. Maybe I am wrong?

Doc?

Bob

P.S. thanks for coming here and admitting to be a Heart Doc.... I bet you will get a ton of questions before we fix your Tab
                I will make sure you get fixed! Just because I like Heart Docs

Bob

Comment