• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root Rom Advan T2

Can you help me to rooting my original tablet rom
    advan T2 7" Resistive, gingerbread 2.3.1

Here link of my rom:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Right now my tablet already use rom NextBook 7P S (Resisitve screen) - Ice Cream Sandwich - Finless ROM 1.2 Root and Gplay and with this rom all running good and smooth in my tablet except my wifi can not turn on, i don't know why this happen or maybe caused different brand name device. so right now i only use modem to connect internet.

Thank you

Comment

I will download and look at it as soon as I can. Maybe a day or 2. I have some root requests before yours.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Arnova 8b G3

Hi folks, or better Finless ;-)

I bought a Tablet as written in my Title. Can anyone create a Custom ROM with Google PlayStore?
        I asked Arnova Support why they don't list this model on their website, but they
        did not respond to this question.
        In another question I asked if my Model is the same as Arnova 8b G2 and they said
        YES. The only Difference is the bigger RAM and ICS in Arnova 8b G3. As I asked whether
        I can use the FIRMWARE for 8b G2 they said I MUST NOT because this would brick my device.
        Now, because its not listed on their website I plan to dump my device' ROM if this would help
        to create a Custom ROM.

My problem is that I managed to install Google PlayStore via a packet I found on a german website, but the limitation of memory for apps nerves me really. And why the hell can I put a MicroSD Card in this device but the Firmware doesn't allow app2sd like my HTC Sensation? On my Sensation I can move apps
        to SD via the App Manager in the Options Menu but on my Arnova 8b G3 the button is missing! I also tried App2SD and ther is the same, that I cannot move apps to MicroSD.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany...
        Thanks for your Answers...

Comment

I can fix the SD card thing. I need the stock ROM to make a ROM.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            I can fix the SD card thing. I need the stock ROM to make a ROM.

Bob
            Thanks for reply. Do you mean a dump of my device when you say Stock ROM? Then, do I have to make factory Reset before dumping or not?

Thanks mufi

Comment

When you dump all I need is backup.img. If you have not flashed a ROM before this will be intact and will be the stock ROM. So no you do not have to do a facotry reset if backup.img is there.

Bob

Comment

Ok Bob.
                The Tab is new as I said. I hope I'll have the time and the luck tomorrow with dumping.

Big thx :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                  When you dump all I need is backup.img. If you have not flashed a ROM before this will be intact and will be the stock ROM. So no you do not have to do a facotry reset if backup.img is there.

Bob
                  Hi Bob, I send you a private message with the url to my backup.img.
                  I hope I've done it right. What do you do then with the ROM.
                  Root? PlayStore ready? What about moving apps to MicroSD instead of
                  setting App Memory bigger? Both would be better for others searching
                  like me for this Arnova.

EDIT: NTFS Support @USB Host would also be nice ;-)
                  Last edited by mufi; 08-09-2012, 14:35.

Comment

Ifive 2 rom request

Hi,
                    I just took delivery of an ifive 2.
                    Generally I'm pleased, and root was quite easy using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry from here:

The device is running JB 4.1.1. I have not been able to access flash-mode / hboot, so have not flashed custom recoveries or boot firmware and have tried a number of button / power lead / usb lead combinations, but without success.

Today I finally managed to find a combination - 1. Power off, 2. press and hold menu (or vol +), 3. plug in usb, 4. plug in power - in the chinese ifive forum that is supposed to enter "safe" mode when using their "brush" tool and will try this evening to see if that gives me the boot menu.
                    Otherwise "adb reboot recovery" boots be back into a picture of a "broken" android (I guess that's normal with no custom restore), and "adb reboot bootloader" or "adb reboot-bootloader" turns off the device, but I have to restart it by plugging in the power cable, it then boots up normally.

I've created a complete romdump (bzipped) of the device after root here:
                    Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

What I'd like is:
                    1. for anyone else with an ifive device to help me find out how to get into flash mode (I'll update the thread with clear instructions if I find a method that works).
                    2. for anyone who knows about the cooking the new rom to either help me build one myself, or if they feel like it, build one according to the following wishes:
                    a: remove the Chinese bloatware
                    b: if possible to add full gsm functionality so that my voice/sms enabled dongle will work with all functionality (let me know if you need any code from the dongle itself - I'll have it by start of next week).
                    c: OTG currently only seems to support one device at a time, I can't get it to work through a USB hub - any tricks for multi-device OTG should be included.
                    d: include any other best practices for a fast, stable rom. Should be as close to jb 4.1/4.2 vanilla as possible. NFS4 client would also be nice as I have some shared resources on my home network
                    e: rebuild using ext4.

If anyone has knowledge and time to help I'd be really pleased.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by Finless; 12-04-2012, 15:46.

Comment

sorry about the Cr@ppy formatting. Preview shows my nice line breaks, but the submitted post remains a blob. I've tried using both htmlø and bb [br] tags

Comment

Last edited by Finless; Yesterday at 04:46 PM.Thanks Finless!

Comment

Fixed recovery

Hi,

Okay. Recovery is fixed now. I could reboot into flash mode using Quick boot (apk available from market) as I couldn't work out which key/lead combo would get me there. After that used the Linux rkflashtool to flash CWM_5.5.0.4 recovery, which works fine.

What's left now is a custom bootloader that will give me fastboot access. I have the RK30xxLoader(L)_V1.12.bin file but not sure how to flash it and will wait until I'm sure as I don't want to break the boot.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by domrad View Post
                            hi. i would like to request a root rom for arnova 7b g2 capacitive pls.. but i dont know how to dump my stock rom.. mind if you tell me how?
                            There is a rooted Rom avabile go to there d-h.st/users/neomode

Neomode

Comment

Diablotek D2 tablet

I bought 3 of these D2 tablets from Biglots for christmas to my 3 girls. Here are the specs.
                              • 1.2GHZ processor
                              • Multi-touch capacitive screen
                              • 1GB RAM
                              • 4GB storage (32GB with microSD card, sold separately)
                              • 800 x 480 resolution
                              • Front camera
                              • Supports video chat
                              • Tons of pre-loaded apps
                              • Supports 3D gaming accelerometer
                              • With Android™ 4.0 ice cream sandwich operating system

Only 1 out of the 3 tablets has 1gb of ram. The other 2 have 512mb. I found out later that if there is a rainbow on the screen of the tablet pictured on the box then it is the 1gb version.

I did find and install the only custom roms out there on all 3 of these tablets. The 1gb version has a custom rom here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...208bxxxxx.html
                              The 512mb version custom rom is here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...2mb-model.html

The roms are nice but could be a whole lot better. The 1gb version has a few bugs, one being that I get a invalid file sometimes when downloading apps from google market. I have to keep trying to install a program before it finally lets me. Both roms have 120dpi which would be nice if they were 160dpi The bloat is removed but they are still left behind but unuseable. The google search widget has a laggy keyboard response while typing too.

We bought these tablets so my 3 girls would no longer use my laptop , unfortunately they are still using it. The reason is because I cannot seem to get the app "moviestarplanet" to install onto all 3 tablets I either get a invalid package file or it will download and install but the screen will go black for a few seconds and bounce back to the homescreen. I tried running the program at different dpi but nothing seems to work. I also tried just going to moviestarplanet with the browser set to desktop mode but its unuseable, icons are too small, things freeze or just dont work.

Hope you guys decide to make a rom for these tablets. Thanks and have a happy new year!

Comment

Ematic Eglide Reader 2.2 Ebook Reader PROBLEM NEED A ROM

Hi! am new to FREAKTAB and I got here because I tried to flash a rom into an ebook reader the one I put in the title. Anyways I fail to do so and now the ebook reader wont turn on. I did it with files from this website which ended up in androidtablet website. I did it the first time and like i said it didn't turn on after that, then I tried to redo it and I was having problems with the RKAndroidtool to find the device, anyways Somehow it finds it now; I try redoing it but now I get this problem(Picture attachment below). Anyways I hope this forums are still alive and I will appreciate any help. Thank you

The additional Information about the Ematic Eglide Reader 2.2 Ebook Reader
                                MODEL NUMBER: EBW404B
                                Firmaware Version: 2.1-update1-1.0.0
                                Kernel Version: 2.6.25 root@server #748
                                Build number: V0.18.ECLAIR.eng.root.20111007.153037
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X