No announcement yet.

ROM Root requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ROM files look very different than what I'm used to seeing. I need more info on this phone's specs. Can you send me a link to the seller's page for this device?

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      The ROM files look very different than what I'm used to seeing. I need more info on this phone's specs. Can you send me a link to the seller's page for this device?

Sent from my ifive_mini_3GS using Tapatalk

The second link is in chinessee can be translate with google http://detail.zol.com.cn/tablepc/index376818.shtml

Thx

Comment

Thanks...I will need to study up on this one.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Thanks...I will need to study up on this one.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
          Thx you for your efforts ! Hope for good news

Comment

Rom Request for "plug and play" Zeki TBDG874

In the Zeki tablets forum, the response many have gotten from zeki support is that the tablet is "Plug and Play" hence no driver downloads are available. Tablet is Running android 4.2.2.
            Thanks in advance
            tgnabor

Comment

Maybe an AMLogic Dev can support this, but I'm not set up for it....RK and MTK only for me right now. Looks like this is a buggy firmware.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ohad129 View Post
                Thx you for your efforts ! Hope for good news
                Any news?

Comment

Arnova 7I G3

Hi, I see lots of ROMs for every other Arnova model except the 7I G3; can I use a ROM written for the G2 or do I need to get a custom ROM written?

It doesn't seem like Arnova have any plans to update past Android 4.1.1 any time soon and I am struggling to move apps to the SD card, so that is what I would be looking for in a custom ROM. Can anybody help please?

Comment

One day i was playing on my NextBook 7 and it just shut off. Then when i tried to turn it on it wouldn't. So i had to download the firmware from a website, and had to install it on my tablet and all that. But when i booted it back up the wifi wouldn't turn on. Anybody have any solutions?? Please Help.
                    Running ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
                    Also Serial No. is YFG0713106958
                    Thank You.

Comment

Hisense Sero 8 Need Root

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      We are developing a good team of ROM cookers here so this post is to let us know what Tab's have not been cooked (rooted) yet! Make your requests here...

We have a good amount of knowledge on RK28 and RK29 processor based tablets. So we should be able to cook these pretty easy. Now I am at least looking for new challenges!

So make your requests!
                      All I ask is that I can get a STOCK ROM from somewhere as I have to start with something.

Bob
                      I was wondering if you was still talking request? if so I have a challenge for all of you?

Comment

A challenge?
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

A challenge?
                          I have a Hisense sero 8 tablet it's has the rk3188T chip. I've tried every root method but nothing works.

Comment

Please post a link to the original factory firmware for this tablet, and I will take a look.

Also, if you could provide some specs:

Total NAND size
                            Screen Resolution

With that, I can make you a rooted ROM.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Please post a link to the original factory firmware for this tablet, and I will take a look.

Also, if you could provide some specs:

Total NAND size
                              Screen Resolution

With that, I can make you a rooted ROM.
                              now thats the other issue Im not able to find the Firmware for it.

The Hisenser Sero 8 features an 8 inch, 1280 x 800 pixel IPS display, a 1.4 GHz Rockchip RK3188T quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of storage.
                              It has a 4000mAh battery, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, a 2MP rear camera, 0.3MP front-facing camera, and a microSD card slot. The tablet measures 8.2″ x 7.6″ x 0.4″ and weighs just under a pound.

Comment

That's a real problem.

If you're game for it, you can try to dump the original ROM. This is an advanced level process, though.

I include the ROM Dumper tool in each of my RileyROM kits. It's a subfolder of the ROM. Just download any of my ROM's to find it.

There is a txt file in the folder with the instructions to make a ROM dump. Follow those instructions.

You will need to make sure you have the RK drivers installed on your Windows PC (Not working on 8.1...so hopefully you have 8.0 or below).

In order to make a rooted ROM, I need:

parameter
                                boot.img
                                kernel.img
                                recovery.img
                                system.img
                                misc.img

Just put them all in a zip and upload them to an online folder and send me a link to it.

It's much better to have the original factory firmware, though...sometimes there are problems with getting a ROM to work from a dump. There will be some testing involved on your part either way, because I don't own one of these tablets.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X