Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    That's a real problem.

If you're game for it, you can try to dump the original ROM. This is an advanced level process, though.

I include the ROM Dumper tool in each of my RileyROM kits. It's a subfolder of the ROM. Just download any of my ROM's to find it.

There is a txt file in the folder with the instructions to make a ROM dump. Follow those instructions.

You will need to make sure you have the RK drivers installed on your Windows PC (Not working on 8.1...so hopefully you have 8.0 or below).

In order to make a rooted ROM, I need:

parameter
    boot.img
    kernel.img
    recovery.img
    system.img
    misc.img

Just put them all in a zip and upload them to an online folder and send me a link to it.

It's much better to have the original factory firmware, though...sometimes there are problems with getting a ROM to work from a dump. There will be some testing involved on your part either way, because I don't own one of these tablets.
    ok im on it right now

Comment

That's a real problem.

If you're game for it, you can try to dump the original ROM. This is an advanced level process, though.

I include the ROM Dumper tool in each of my RileyROM kits. It's a subfolder of the ROM. Just download any of my ROM's to find it.

There is a txt file in the folder with the instructions to make a ROM dump. Follow those instructions.

You will need to make sure you have the RK drivers installed on your Windows PC (Not working on 8.1...so hopefully you have 8.0 or below).

In order to make a rooted ROM, I need:

parameter
      boot.img
      kernel.img
      recovery.img
      system.img
      misc.img

Just put them all in a zip and upload them to an online folder and send me a link to it.

It's much better to have the original factory firmware, though...sometimes there are problems with getting a ROM to work from a dump. There will be some testing involved on your part either way, because I don't own one of these tablets.
      https://drive.google.com/export-resu...3hvbpGSh-F-EMn

Here you go i got all the files you needed

Comment

Check you share on that file. I don't get anything. Just change it to "anyone with a link".
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Check you share on that file. I don't get anything. Just change it to "anyone with a link".
          Here is the New link

It should work I also change that link it should be a zip download.

Comment

Got it!!!!

Stay Tuned.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

Got it!!!!

Stay Tuned.

Ook i will

Comment

Holy Cow!!!!!

Walmart puts a whole bunch of crap in these ROM's!!!!!!!
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Holy Cow!!!!!

Walmart puts a whole bunch of crap in these ROM's!!!!!!!
                  Yes they do a lil to much lol

Comment

OK, the parameter file isn't standard to the rest of the RK ROM's I've done, so I'm leaving it alone.

I'm not sure this will boot.

I'm uploading a kit for you to try.

If it doesn't boot, there are things we can try to fix it, but I'm not positive of the results. Are you sure you want to risk it?
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

OK, the parameter file isn't standard to the rest of the RK ROM's I've done, so I'm leaving it alone.

I'm not sure this will boot.

I'm uploading a kit for you to try.

If it doesn't boot, there are things we can try to fix it, but I'm not positive of the results. Are you sure you want to risk it?

yeah Ill try it out.Its no biggie that's the risk i run when trying to root.

But will i use the tool to flash this?

Comment

This ROM is packaged in my standard ROM kit with the RK Flash Tool.

It's rooted, debloated, init.d support, busybox support, auto install added (installs apk files from your external SD in "autoinstall" folder...no spaces in file names.) Reboot app added. Everything else will appear as stock.

Since this is from a ROM dump, I've unpacked and repacked the boot.img and recovery.img files to make them the correct size. I've kept the stock parameter file, so you will have the same user app space, until I can figure out how to change it...there's a line missing in this parameter file...so I'm afraid to mess with it...I don't know how a change will react on your tablet.

Just run the flash tool and plug in your tablet using the USB cable that came with it. Make sure USB debugging is turned off. The flash tool should see your tablet in Mass Storage Mode. Click reboot to flash and it will change to flash mode.

IMPORTANT: Uncheck the loader.bin at the top, it's checked by default. The reason for this is, we are going back with the same firmware. I don't know which loader.bin is currently on your tablet...so the one included in the kit will brick your tablet, if it isn't the same. It's ok to use the same loader.bin with the same firmware...so don't worry.

Erase IDB, then flash the ROM.

It will first boot to recovery and format everything. Later, if you want to flash CWM or TWRP recovery, you can just flash it instead of the stock recovery from the flash tool.

Here's the new thread:

I'm done for the night...I'm working at the firehouse...so if there are any problems, I will have to get back to you in the morning.

Good luck!!!! My fingers are crossed.

If you have problems, you can take your ROM dump, and interchange the files in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit and flash individual files until you get boot. First try the recovery.img, then the boot.img, then the system.img. The parameter is the same, so you won't have to change that one.
                        Last edited by rrileypm; 07-11-2014, 23:32.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

This ROM is packaged in my standard ROM kit with the RK Flash Tool.

It's rooted, debloated, init.d support, busybox support, auto install added (installs apk files from your external SD in "autoinstall" folder...no spaces in file names.) Reboot app added. Everything else will appear as stock.

Since this is from a ROM dump, I've unpacked and repacked the boot.img and recovery.img files to make them the correct size. I've kept the stock parameter file, so you will have the same user app space, until I can figure out how to change it...there's a line missing in this parameter file...so I'm afraid to mess with it...I don't know how a change will react on your tablet.

Just run the flash tool and plug in your tablet using the USB cable that came with it. Make sure USB debugging is turned off. The flash tool should see your tablet in Mass Storage Mode. Click reboot to flash and it will change to flash mode.

IMPORTANT: Uncheck the loader.bin at the top, it's checked by default. The reason for this is, we are going back with the same firmware. I don't know which loader.bin is currently on your tablet...so the one included in the kit will brick your tablet, if it isn't the same. It's ok to use the same loader.bin with the same firmware...so don't worry.

Erase IDB, then flash the ROM.

It will first boot to recovery and format everything. Later, if you want to flash CWM or TWRP recovery, you can just flash it instead of the stock recovery from the flash tool.

Here's the link:

Download

I'm done for the night...I'm working at the firehouse...so if there are any problems, I will have to get back to you in the morning.

Good luck!!!! My fingers are crossed.

If you have problems, you can take your ROM dump, and interchange the files in the RileyROM folder of the ROM kit and flash individual files until you get boot. First try the recovery.img, then the boot.img, then the system.img. The parameter is the same, so you won't have to change that one.

Thank you sir I will load this bad boy and tell you the results. Your Instruction are very clear I should be able to handle it.

Comment

I live just down the road from Walmart headquarters...so it cool working on one of their products for a change. If it works I will add some more tweaks and post a new thread for it.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Re: ROM Root requests

Originally posted by Tyler_KD_35 View Post
                              One day i was playing on my NextBook 7 and it just shut off. Then when i tried to turn it on it wouldn't. So i had to download the firmware from a website, and had to install it on my tablet and all that. But when i booted it back up the wifi wouldn't turn on. Anybody have any solutions?? Please Help.
                              Running ice cream sandwich 4.0.4
                              Also Serial No. is YFG0713106958
                              Thank You.
                              I bet youve got a next7p12-8g... ill also bet you flashed my rom for it...

If i am correct... Ive got a new rom ready but havent found anyone to test it and I dont own that model...

I will pm you about testing...

Also you might have better luck posting in the amlogic sub section of the nextbook forum... I work o nextbooks all the time but i dont usually read this thread...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

I live just down the road from Walmart headquarters...so it cool working on one of their products for a change. If it works I will add some more tweaks and post a new thread for it.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk

Hey Riley Great work!!! It boots up and everything.This runs very smooth,no FC's ,no hardware issues.
                                I haven't tried the recovery yet but ill test that out.

Next is the Tablet.The flash tool does not recognized the tablet when its on,"IE(booted into android)" I had to use "adb reboot bootloader" for the flash tool to recognize the tablet.so i don't know whats going on there and I use windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X