This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tablet for 11 Year Old Daughter to use for Art, Facebook and Skype

I was looking at the iPad4 it has front and rear facing cameras and I read it has the sharpest contrasts. The important thing for her will be facebook and facebook games, skype and the artistic apps. Also I know nothing about the pens or accessories I might consider getting for her to draw with as well. She already has a Kindle Fire but I wanted to get her something a little nicer. Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Tablet for 11 Year Old Daughter to use for Art, Facebook and Skype

What about the new Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 inch tablet?

Has a stylus with it ideal for artwork

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Thanks that does seem to be a great fit.. It was reviewed poorly on this link because of the display but people spoke up for it in the comments which all seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

We still don't know your budget. but from our customer feedback, most of the customer buy the following tablet as the kids christmas gift:

it's low price, but with every function you are talking.

however, if you want to receive it before christmas, please make sure to choose DHL as shipping method. because the airmail can't reach before christmas now.

thanks
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          We still don't know your budget.
          My price range I guess is 600 dollars but if there was a big difference that mattered to her, I would pay more. My wife and I are pretty much decided on the Galaxy 10.1 Note now. It just seems to be everything she would want or need. I like the Galaxy Note for her because of what you can do with the pen, write on pictures, it seems to be focused on all this. I rarely get to see her art work and this way she could send me a copy right to my phone. I can do skype with her from the flying field if we want.. Also it has Gorilla glass which sounds tough..

Comment

If you want it for her to do art, then the Note 10.1 is hands down the best option. The s-pen stylus provides a whole new level of functionality, particularly to those that like to draw/paint (as I do).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by dpmurphy View Post
              If you want it for her to do art, then the Note 10.1 is hands down the best option. The s-pen stylus provides a whole new level of functionality, particularly to those that like to draw/paint (as I do).

Thank you very much and welcome to the forum also! That's exactly what we were thinking now after reviewing it we are very excited for her also. She wants to be a professional artist so I want to arm her with yet another tool to use for that. Man kids today are so lucky. When I was 11 it would still be two years before I got an Atari..

Comment

Thanks! Be sure to pick up a case that folds into a stand at different angles. I recommend this one:

Comment

And when I was 11 I was trying to make art using ASCII characters using an IBM pc 4.77mhz. :banghead:

Comment

Thanks! Be sure to pick up a case that folds into a stand at different angles. I recommend this one:

Awesome thx, I got the screen protector as well

Comment

And when I was 11 I was trying to make art using ASCII characters using an IBM pc 4.77mhz.
                      I think I had 8mhz? I started with a 286.. I was an ASCII artist I wish I would have saved my work but even the IRC I was on is gone now.

Comment

How did she like it?

Comment

She loves it.. I asked her yesterday again if she was having fun with it! and she goes "he he he yeah", and went on about it. She keeps promising me drawings though But yeah she loves it

Wife is getting a Nexus 10 soon as we can afford it but Christmas hurt

Comment

Working...
                          X