Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecom Media Player

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this:

I have an old Freecom Media player (built in wireless, proprietary OS - Samba, upnp, ftp etc). Built in hard drive. But no support for updates anymore.

It would be great if I could get it to load android somehow. Is there something special about how android needs to load on a device or is it possible to get it to load onto anything?
    Given that the media player has a hard drive (and a boot sector somewhere) could I get it to run linux and xbmc or something?

Re: Freecom Media Player

Bump. Just in case you might know where I can find out how...

Comment

And one last bump...
      It would the great to learn how to run x b m c on this device. I think it runs off a linux core. I'm guessing the hardware would have to support the firmware in the right manner. I've no idea where to go to learn how to do such a thing. Would be grateful for any pointers as to possible sources of information.

Sent from my Lenovo A820

Comment

to old, to slow to, unsupported
        chuck it or use it as is
        there is no way to install Linux or android on it Period Fine` Done
        its to old uses a chipset that nobody supports anymore and it would be a waste of time even if you could do it due to hardware constraints
        current devices(rockchip sucks)
        Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
        Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
        rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Ah. Shame. HDMI output, wireless and ability to handle multiple film formats, I'd hoped it could be reinvented...

Sent from my Lenovo A820

Comment

Working...
          X