US cellular support for Chinese Tablets/Hotspots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US cellular support for Chinese Tablets/Hotspots

This isn't really device specifc, because I've aquired a couple of devices recently made in China with 3G support. A Pipo M5 tablet, and another off brand wifi-hotspot router.

I'm a quite confused with the setup procedures on both. If I put my sim card in the M5, I can turn on the modem, but it doesn't recognize or connect to the network. On the mobile hotspot, when I plug in a usb dongle to it still no recognition of my sim card.

There are some manual settings I have no clue how to set. I'm reluctant to call AT&T support just yet, but I'm afraid that is my next step, unless someone here at Freaktab has experience and willing to share.

I ended up with an extra line on my account, which allows for a tablet/hotspot...so I'm not trying to pull the wool over AT&T's eyes. And I have plenty of data to use up...I just can't seem to get either of these devices to work.

I know the dongle works, because I can plug it into my laptop and use AT&T's software to connect. So the sim card is valid.

So, if anyone has some experience with this...please share.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Not sure this should be in off topic?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Where do you suggest I put it. I couldn't decide. Its pretty non-specific.
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Moved from Off Topics..
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

Is this a built-in 3G or external USB?

Most cheap chinese tablets with internal 3G support only use WCDMA band I (2100MHz), the most common one worldwide. Very few carriers in the US (if any) use this band for WCDMA however.

Comment

Re: US cellular support for Chinese Tablets/Hotspots

I have access to both a USB dongle and a tablet with built in wifi. I haven't tried the dongle yet, but the sim card in my Pipo M5 doesn't initialize with the AT&T network.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using Tapatalk 2
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Re: US cellular support for Chinese Tablets/Hotspots

For the dongle ppwidget may solve your issues.
              900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Working...
              X