Bewildered (slightly?) Buyer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to replace my Arnova G2 with a RK3188 tablet and have narrowed the choice to either the Pipo M9 or Cube U30 GT2. Can anybody give me some guidance as to the best buy, given my needs, as follows?:

1) Well made and reliable brand
    2) Good battery life
    3) Good wifi performance
    4) Smooth screen scrolling with minimal screen loading/update lag.

I shall only play a few games, the most demanding perhaps such as Real Racing 3 (or the like), but mostly internet surfing, article reading and film/catchup tv watching.
    Hence I am leaning towards the Cube with its higher res screen, though I don`t know the brand. I bought my grandson a Pipo S1 for christmas and that looks good on build quality, so wonder about playing safe with the M9 (though I read about M series quality issues).
    An easy question to ask, but I`m sure it will be a difficult one to answer.

However, any help, comments and experiences will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Briang

I have the Cube and really like it. The retina screen is spectacular.

That being said, though...you have to decide if the screen resolution is guiding your decision.

I also own a Pipo tablet that I think is a solid product, but it isn't a 3188.

Some of the early release Pipo M9's have a different motherboard and require a different kernel to operate. I have released a ROM for the M9 based on the newer motherboard release, so if you get one of them...you need to know which one you have.

I think Geekbuying.com has the newer model.

I would recommend either brand.

Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Re: Bewildered (slightly?) Buyer!

Just one other thing to add...900supersport has released a 4.2.2 Jellybean ROM for the Cube tablet. That is a bonus. I've played with the beta version...and the newer Android version is really nice.

Randy
      Randy
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Randy
        Thanks for that info - it`s good to know I shouldn`t be disappointed whichever I go for. Is you Pipo the same resolution as the M9 (1280x800, I believe)? My Arnova is 1024, so there is not a great increase to the M9 - perhaps that`s why I have a preference for the Cube. How would you compare build quality on your Pipo with the Cube? Have you found any screen stutter on anything you have used the cube for?
        It`s good that new ROMS are already appearing for the Cube, though I`m sure the Pipo will also be well supported.
        I`ve not used Geekbuying for my grandson`s Pipo - used Dracotek through Amazon - I suppose the belief that they will shield me from a scam caused this, so using a direct purchase is a little more worrying - can you recommend geekbuying - will they always sell the "real" article, not one of the fakes I read about from the unscrupulous suppliers?
        Thanks again
        Briang

Comment

Re: Bewildered (slightly?) Buyer!

I have a Pipo M5 which is an 8" tablet and about the same resolution as the M9. I'm impressed with the build quality of both brands. I do ROMs for the Pipo's mainly because 900supersport does such a great job with the Cube tablets.

I also have the Arnova G2 and G3 tablets and if you are upgrading from them...you will see a drastic improvement with the newer tablets. Across the board.

The RK3066 tablets are good...but with added speed and improved battery life, the 3188's are superior to any tablet on the market.

As far as Geekbuying is concerned...they are legit. I place orders with them almost weekly and I have always had a good experience. I would recommend paying a little extra for DHL shipping because mail takes almost 3 weeks to get to the US from China.

Randy
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

Thanks again.
            Looks like I shall go for the Cube for the reasons I mentioned initially - significant screen resolution improvement. If Pipo would have put in a higher res I would have gone there without hesitation.

Additionally, you have provided the confidence to go to a Chinese seller direct. Having visited the country a few years ago, I know very little is what it appears there, though I was much impressed with the energy of the people - it just seemed that sometimes they would take somebody else`s idea for a shortcut to enable them to make money (capitalism in a communist state - what a combination!). If you have never visited I would strongly recommend you to do, BUT don`t take everything at face value and you will have a great time.
            Thanks again
            Briang

Comment

Working...
            X