X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can we have a download section?

right now all links are spread along the forum and its just a giant mess
    just the arnova 10 g2 versions are probably more than 10
    with 3g, without 3g, with wifi 300, with less, with transparent bar, without, 1.4, 1.4.5, philly, and so on
    can we have all that organised in a download section where one can clearly see what is where?
    nicely listed with download links, date and description

and just dont tell me this is the finless way, ok?
    Arnova10G2: USB to Ethernet - PLEASE TELL ME HOW?

I will have a look tonight to see what I can do, can't really moderate on tapatalk that well

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Originally posted by register View Post
      just the arnova 10 g2 versions are probably more than 10
      with 3g, without 3g, with wifi 300, with less, with transparent bar, without, 1.4, 1.4.5, philly, and so on
      Well while we will see if that is doable (it requires someone to do the work) this is a way over exaggerated.

I am the only one that has made 10G2 ROMs here. There is 1.3, 1.4, and Philly. Not sure where you are getting all these other derivities but they do not exist.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

hey man - exaggerated?
        i wonder what is this then?

it was posted to help someone who had a problem with their 3g setup
        are you saying this does not exist?
        or that it doesnt work?
        why did you do it in the first place?
        to help this guy only?
        or to have it ready to help other with the same problem?
        there are other custom builds - do you want me to list them too?
        or you will remember?
        im trying to help you here but for some reason lately your behaviour became very weird
        for some reason you dont seem to want to cooperate to your customers

Comment

Chill out register this site is not about aggregating people, if you have a problem than fair enough but there are better ways of going about it.

Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

<input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
          </form>

Comment

Thats not a full ROM. That is the system and boot only!
            That is why it is not a post all it's own as a ROM. I DON'T in fact want people downloading it thinking it is either.
            But even then it's still not 10 versions 10G2 ROMs.

Bob

Comment

Bob is working a LOT of hours.

In the ROM's by Finless forum each thread has a ROM linked in the top post of the thread if I understand it correctly. I am sure we could figure out some way to make it easier if people are having trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by register View Post
                hey man - exaggerated?
                i wonder what is this then?

it was posted to help someone who had a problem with their 3g setup
                are you saying this does not exist?
                or that it doesnt work?
                why did you do it in the first place?
                to help this guy only?
                or to have it ready to help other with the same problem?
                there are other custom builds - do you want me to list them too?
                or you will remember?
                im trying to help you here but for some reason lately your behaviour became very weird
                for some reason you dont seem to want to cooperate to your customers
                You are a moderator at a competing site to this one correct? Specifically Arctablet, the place that basically shoved Bob into calling me and starting this site right? Let's all be up front and open about things, notice I am using my real name here.....

Comment

i am what at where?
                  is paranoid your middle name?

Comment

Wrong wording you are a contributor on Arctablet Will means. Sorry Will my mistake

</form>

Comment

Moderator-contributor. How many ROM's does it take Finless to produce in 30 days would please you and have not not be a critic? I am not getting your animosity? No I am definitely not paranoid. This is just a small part of life for me and I do it to help people with tablets as long as I think it is worthwhile.

Comment

i am related to arctablet as a user - just the way i am related to this place
                        i have no idea why you keep insisting im a moderator - where did you get that?
                        this "contributor" label must be some post count rank
                        since i have never received anything official

but why do i have to explain myself like that?
                        is this some kind of interrogation?
                        even if i was a moderator somewhere else - how is that wrong for you?

i find the raising hostility here rather appalling
                        singling people out becomes a registered trademark of this place

first it was your quarrel with the other board
                        then it was the merciless attack on harold
                        now it seems its my turn to be harassed

whats up with that?
                        any half decent explanation for this attitude?

i have always praised bobs efforts - the posts are there to prove it
                        all i did was to request a download section
                        is that against some rule?
                        how exactly does a download section hurt you?

i think its obvious it would advance the usability of this place

but look where the discussion is now

all harold did was request a better looking boot screen
                        all we got in return is harassment
                        why is everyone who dares to share a critique gets harassed?

is it because we dare to voice our opinion?
                        i thought this is an american forum, freedom of speech respected and all that
                        maybe im wrong - could this be an iranian or a syrian forum?

after all that has happened
                        i now begin to doubt the real reason for the quarrel with the other board
                        have you been harassing someone there too?

and why would you want to know my real name?
                        so that you could continue harassing me in real life?

i guess after all this now everyone who has a suggestion for you
                        would decide to keep their mouth shut tight
                        just to avoid the humiliation of
                        the public harassment that you will unleash upon them

im expecting reasonable answers of the questions i have raised
                        i think its fair, what do you think?
                        an apology sounds fair too

Comment

Wow I seriously think you have some issues somewhere register and have bad communication skills with people. It is like you are trying to pick a fight or fault with things. Like I said in a post earlier I will look at the forum and if changes need to be done than they will. Remember this site has only been up and running for a short time so be patient. The changes at Arctablet come about because I stepped in and worked with admin to make it better, so be patient instead of making up out to be the bad guys.

</form>

Comment

I have never even been on Arctablet. I was told you were a moderator there, and you are really a contributor, that is fine and I was wrong. I am not familiar with Word Press or how they setup user rankings on any sites but my own, sorry. We started this place to share ROM's with people. One ROM per thread is not that confusing to me so I do not understand as I stated above. Whatever, life is short and this is a hobby. The way you go on about things is telling, I must say.

If Harold wants a different boot screen, he can make one.

I would prefer to see Bob work on more ROM's and less versions of each. I also DO believe in giving the people who make the ROM's and the people who pay the bandwidth servers and do the work credit on the boot screen. I don't see the problem with that. We finance this site 100% ourselves.

Forums are made for discussions, is a discussion not free speech? What has been deleted on this site or covered up? That would be lack of free speech. Have any of your posts been edited or removed? That would be lack of free speech.

Comment

Let me point out that Harold "did not ask" for a new boot screen. He first came off telling us how bad it is, bad mouthing it, and bashing on us about it and how "others do not do it like this". Had he asked nicely I would have made him one. I have made at least 5 for users already. They asked nicely, did not complain, sent me am image (I did not make the images), and I made them a new boot.img

So just stating which way the harassing started from him. So let’s put that in perspective like the 10 versions of 10G2 complaint. Now I am not trying to harass you but you tend to over exaggerate or skew the story, and yelling at us (that is the perceived tone from you at the start of the thread) won’t make us feel like listening to you much. Of course this too puts everyone on the defensive!

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X