Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why there are almost no Chinese tablets with android lollipop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why there are almost no Chinese tablets with android lollipop?

Hi
    I was wondering why there are almost no Chinese tablets with android lollipop.
    You can look at aliexpress and see that almost 95% percent of the tablet are android kitkat. And its already a year after the release.
    Also I have not seen any rockchip based tablet with android lollipop.

Thanks.

There are quite a few out there, especially the dual boot ones.

Whenever a new Android OS comes out there is always a long wait for the Chinese vendors to migrate.

There are also a lot of devices that will never be updated but these tend to come from lesser name brands and there is always copious amounts of old stock that they try to get rid of.

It's just the way things are in the market right now.

By paying the extra for the really big brands like Samsung, you also get the continued support and updates for a longer period.

To some extent, you do get what you pay for.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi bluesmanuk.
      I am not sure you are correct. I think there is a different reason. First there are no rockchip or allwinner based tablet with android lollipop.
      Second if we consider kitkat, 6 month after kitkat release, the market was full of kitkat based tabletes. And after a year almost all the tablet were kitkat based.
      I see a difference between the asimmilation of lollipop and the assimilation of kitkat, why is there a difference?
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by oren View Post
        Hi bluesmanuk.
        I am not sure you are correct. I think there is a different reason. First there are no rockchip or allwinner based tablet with android lollipop.
        Second if we consider kitkat, 6 month after kitkat release, the market was full of kitkat based tabletes. And after a year almost all the tablet were kitkat based.
        I see a difference between the asimmilation of lollipop and the assimilation of kitkat, why is there a difference?
        Thanks.
        The following is pure speculation...
        The current Lollipop SDK has only been available for a short time. It is my understanding that many devs had to more or less start over, or at least back up a few steps. If true, maybe this has caused a delay in the release of 5.1 F/Ws

Comment

Working...
        X