Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help... Daughter dropped nextbook 7 and cracked the screen!!,,I emailed nextbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help... Daughter dropped nextbook 7 and cracked the screen!!,,I emailed nextbo

I emailed nextbook and they said screens are not available for purchase and they dont repair them.

Dear NextBook Customer,

We appreciate your patronage and feedback. Cracked screens aren't covered by the manufacturer's warranty, repair service isn't offered for a fee nor do we have the screens available for purchase to the customer. We're unable to refer you to an outside center for repair/replacement service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

What the hell is that for customer service. I loved this tab after finless root rom and now this. I have found a site that sells screens for the arnova but cannot seem to find one for the nextbook.

Originally posted by mescalinedreams View Post
    I emailed nextbook and they said screens are not available for purchase and they dont repair them.

Dear NextBook Customer,

We appreciate your patronage and feedback. Cracked screens aren't covered by the manufacturer's warranty, repair service isn't offered for a fee nor do we have the screens available for purchase to the customer. We're unable to refer you to an outside center for repair/replacement service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

What the hell is that for customer service. I loved this tab after finless root rom and now this. I have found a site that sells screens for the arnova but cannot seem to find one for the nextbook.
    This is just an example of what a throw away society we live in, and a manufacturer who just cant be bothered. My only suggestion is to search out the usual roots like **** etc for damaged units that you can knab the screen off.
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
      Last edited by mescalinedreams; 03-09-2012, 01:15.

Comment

Please don't double post all over the place.

Bottom line no matter how many places you post, your not going to have an easy time finding a new screen. These cheap tablets are made to toss and parts are pretty much non-existant. The Manufacturer would not even spend the labor to repair this tab and just ship you a new one. So the point is, unless you can buy a cheap "broken" tablet somewhere, I doubt anyone will be able to help you find a new screen. Again please don't double post all over the site. It makes searches and other use needed things work.

This does not belong here so I am moving this post.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

For sale forum created and I copied one of your posts there. Bummer on the screens not being available. Maybe you will find a bricked one.

Comment

Tablet repairman here can help I can get you a screen &amp;install it here to help if need it

really their are screen available I repair these all the time I buy from china takes about 2to3 week but they do make it here the cost not so good about 40.00 for screen with shipping I charge 35.00 to install them.
            Originally posted by mescalinedreams View Post

Dear NextBook Customer,

Comment

Originally posted by Tablet repairman View Post
              really their are screen available I repair these all the time I buy from china takes about 2to3 week but they do make it here the cost not so good about 40.00 for screen with shipping I charge 35.00 to install them.
              He could buy a brand new Nextbook 7 for $75 or less...

Considering the screen is most likely the most expensive part of the tablet, the only economical alternative to a new tablet would be to find a used non-booting tablet with an undamaged screen. Then repair one of the two tablets himself.

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
              X