Advice needed on selecting an android phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed on selecting an android phone

Im just loving my android tablet and tv stick and i think its time to get an android phone, my 5 year old work blackberry aint cutting it anymore. My friend uses straight talk for his phone service and I would like to do the same. I know that the phone needs to be AT&T comptible for my area. I was scanning the geekbuying site and it seems most phones are ATT compatible. Is there anything I need to look for other than the provider compatibility? I'm looking to spend ~200.

AW: Advice needed on selecting an android phone

Deleted myself

Comment

Well in your case, bearing in mind your location, you will need to consider whether it will work in zero gravity and is able to shield from the solar winds lol

Choosing any device is firstly reliant upon your needs and cost.

I have always found that once I see some items that take my eye in terms of the features that they have, I then trawl the net looking for all the reviews in order to see customer satisfaction and then place each phone in a spreadsheet with all the specs, advantages and disadvantages lined up against each one.

It's easier to see when it's down on the proverbial paper and I personally find that it works every time for me.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

As far as Chinese tablets are concerned, the internal 3G radios aren't compatible with AT&T (my Pipo M5 3G isn't). I would be interested in knowing if the Chinese smartphones are actually AT&T compatible.

I wish someone would make a smartphone with a Rockchip processor. I would give up my iPhone for one of those.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          As far as Chinese tablets are concerned, the internal 3G radios aren't compatible with AT&T (my Pipo M5 3G isn't). I would be interested in knowing if the Chinese smartphones are actually AT&T compatible.

I wish someone would make a smartphone with a Rockchip processor. I would give up my iPhone for one of those.

This is what I feared most will a chinese phone. I did see a youtube video of a guy using this phone with ATT so I'm thinking it will work.

Comment

Just make sure you get at least 1gb of ram or it will run like a dog
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

I will recommend you SAMSUNG brand.
              iPad tutorial

Comment

chipset

Originally posted by guilds100 View Post
                Im just loving my android tablet and tv stick and i think its time to get an android phone, my 5 year old work blackberry aint cutting it anymore. My friend uses straight talk for his phone service and I would like to do the same. I know that the phone needs to be AT&T comptible for my area. I was scanning the geekbuying site and it seems most phones are ATT compatible. Is there anything I need to look for other than the provider compatibility? I'm looking to spend ~200.
                The better the storage/resolution/camera type and megapixel rate & optics,but most of all importance is the chipset in the phone ie.the chips it has on the motherboard in it,the better the cpu and gpu and transfer speeds coupled with the list of features i gave and the better nmh the battery is for lastability the better,brand can be uninportant unless your rough with it and want replacement parts otherwise never buy chinese,.having said that i have a haipi i9377 and it is pretty quick for it's age a dual core 1.2ghz overclockable to 2ghz but it drains battery to fast if clocked up.Any way i'd be looking for quad core units at that £200 mark you should get something relatively good with 3g,4g is unlikely at £200 though.The guys should be able to maybe point out some china models with top end chipsets for you.1080P is the one thing i'd be looking for on top of the list as to 1st perform 1080p it has to have a good graphics chip as well.These look nice units and are in your range if you are talking £200 this ad is an example.This is a different brand to my haipi running 2 generations ahead on chipset which is an mtk (mediatek) chipset.Rockchip are also good as we all know for budget products so maybe compare benchmark results online against phones with similar specs with the 2 different chipsets.Here's the ad for the mtk unit though.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/ZOPO-ZP980...item1e77d8e54a
                Last edited by PHYSC; 10-25-2013, 03:11.
                What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Working...
                X