Ugoos AM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos AM1

I'm looking to order 2 Ugoos AM1 boxes, but I can't find much reviews here or elsewhere. The only credible review I found is from CNX software and is from January.

At that point there were actually some issues, so try to find out if anyone on here has experience with the box and can comment if the issues are solved or not.

Another option I consider is the Coowell V2, but that one is so new that no hands on reviews are available. I also have never heard about Coowell, so may be someone can enlighten me.

Hi

Ugoos released several firmwares in the meantime.
    You can read their blog.

If you can, I would suggest to get the more powerful UT3S devices, they are on special on Gearbest.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Hi

Ugoos released several firmwares in the meantime.
      You can read their blog.

If you can, I would suggest to get the more powerful UT3S devices, they are on special on Gearbest.
      I have looked at their blog earlier, but as usual a manufacturer posts what bugs are fixed, but there is little information about which bugs still exist.

I hear you about the UT3S, but has still Android 4.4, so some time after Kodi 17 is released the box will become pretty much redundant. The boxes are for a friend who is not near me, and has no knowledge of installing another operating system.

What do you mean with more powerful? If it is the 4Gb, that one is also double the price, which may not so much to my friends liking :-)

If you mean the RK3288 chip, I'm always a bit hesitant against Rockchip, but since you will have the knowledge, do you prefer RK3288 or S905?

Comment

I want to add, I also started to look at the EM95X in the mean time. Do you have any information about that box?

Comment

Originally posted by basjke View Post
          I want to add, I also started to look at the EM95X in the mean time. Do you have any information about that box?
          S905X is a lot worse than S905.
          It only has extra VP9 playback by hardware.
          We've already compared the main features between Amlogic S905, Amlogic S905X and Amlogic S912, with Amlogic S905X being an upgrade of Amlogic S905 with

EM95X will be low quality hardware with no support, best to skip that one or other no-name ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

S905X is a lot worse than S905.
            It only has extra VP9 playback by hardware.
            We've already compared the main features between Amlogic S905, Amlogic S905X and Amlogic S912, with Amlogic S905X being an upgrade of Amlogic S905 with

EM95X will be low quality hardware with no support, best to skip that one or other no-name ones.
            Thanks for the heads up I wasn't aware of that.

Do you prefer Rockchip 3229/3368 over Amlogic S905or the other way around. Which one do you consider the better chip overall?

Comment

Working...
            X