Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything I need to know, expecting pipo m9 3g delivery soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything I need to know, expecting pipo m9 3g delivery soon.

Hi All

Newbie here poking around the website and looking for some information on the pipo m9 3g version of this tablet.

Is it just plug and play out of the box or are there some modification that need to be done before hand to experience the full effect of this tablet.

Recently owned a ipad (boring) and have been saving my money to buy a real one.

Thanks again for the help.

ActiveRadios

Re: Is there anything I need to know, expecting pipo m9 3g delivery soon.

The best thing to do is play around with it and see if you like the stock system.

I do have a custom ROM for this tablet. The main advantage of a custom ROM is that it is rooted. You have more control over the system and can run apps that require rooting.

The custom ROMs also come without all of the bloatware that comes on stock firmware.

We try to fix little things here and there that we can...like getting more compatibility with apps on the Google Play Store.

You always run the risk of bricking your tablet with flashing custom ROMs. But many people are hooked on flashing their latest custom firmware.

Just take a look around the Pipo Tablets section here on Freaktab.

Sent from my M8 pro
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I may intall the custom ROM you mentioned. I'm not sure what version tablet I'm Getting, 1 or 2. Does it matter and how can I tell?

Thanks

Gene

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      The best thing to do is play around with it and see if you like the stock system.

I do have a custom ROM for this tablet. The main advantage of a custom ROM is that it is rooted. You have more control over the system and can run apps that require rooting.

The custom ROMs also come without all of the bloatware that comes on stock firmware.

We try to fix little things here and there that we can...like getting more compatibility with apps on the Google Play Store.

You always run the risk of bricking your tablet with flashing custom ROMs. But many people are hooked on flashing their latest custom firmware.

Just take a look around the Pipo Tablets section here on Freaktab.

Sent from my M8 pro

Comment

Re: Is there anything I need to know, expecting pipo m9 3g delivery soon.

I'm not certain how to tell. Most everyone is having good luck with this new version. The old PCB version was really early released tablets.

Sent from my M8 pro
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Although it is possible - if you ordered your tablet recently, its very unlikely that you'll get an early revision tablet. The M9 has been in production for a while now. With all the new tablets Pipo is pushing out, it could be believed that the M9 might see end of production soon.

On the flip-side, it seems none of the most recent tablets Pipo is churning out, is of the 10.1 format. With that in mind, they might keep it in production to keep the diversity. And, it still sells like cold beer on a hot summer day. For good reasons.

As rrileypm said here; the two main reasons for flashing a custom rom, is root and ridding yourself of all the chinese apps and other related crap - and better Play Store compatibility (more apps available). If you read through the First Time User Guide supplied along with the ROMs, first, then the process should be easy and painless. It is a well-explained step-by-step guide, and should be easily understandable for beginners and "pro's" alike. And, should you run into any problems - there is plenty of support to be had here - in the Pipo Tablets section.
          Support your local flasher
          Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Working...
          X