PengPod tablet, what do you say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Together with smartphones, tablets are the hottest-selling devices on the planet. And those powered by Android hold top market share. A relatively new name in the tablet-space is PengPod, made by Peacock Imports, a Florida, US-based outfit. The PengPod tablet runs Linux on ARM/Allwinner SoC hardware.Instead of just running a pure Android tablet, you get the option to run your favorite Linux distribution and Android in dual-boot fashion, provided your Linux distribution has an edition for the hardware.The common specs for a PengPod are:

Allwinner A10 processor

Support for Linux and Android in dual-boot fashion on SD card

HDMI port

1 GB RAM and 8 GB storage

USB, OTG-WiFi
    Front Camera (1.3M for PengPod700 and 0.3M for the PengPod1000)

Speakers

The price is around $120

What does it differ from Rikomagic MK802IV Quad Core RK3188 TV Stick with Linux source code for RK3188 device?
    Android 4.1Jelly Bean(will upgrade to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean )
    RK3188 Quad core, ARM Cortex-A9, 1.8GHz Max
    Quad core Mali-400 MP4, 533MHz
    2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB NAND FLASH ROM,Support Micro SD(TF) up to32GB
    Wifi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0,HDMI 1.4 OUTPUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ran View Post
      What does it differ from Rikomagic MK802IV Quad Core RK3188 TV Stick with Linux source code for RK3188 device?
      Android 4.1Jelly Bean(will upgrade to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean )
      RK3188 Quad core, ARM Cortex-A9, 1.8GHz Max
      Quad core Mali-400 MP4, 533MHz
      2GB DDR3 RAM,8GB NAND FLASH ROM,Support Micro SD(TF) up to32GB
      Wifi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0,HDMI 1.4 OUTPUT
      Now I am not one that care to much about benchmark scores, but here's a little indication on what you can expect from this PengPod tablet;

The "GB ram RK3188 devices gets an average of about ~17-17.500 points in AnTuTu v3.3.2.

My (retail price $120, 2 years ago) old Sony Xperia Mini, with a snapdragon s2 running @ 1GHz - gets an average of 5200 points.

The Alwinner A10 - averages 2800-2850 points.
      Its an outdated micro-budget SoC. The only reason it can still have a high pricetag, is because its cost (the tablet) from factory was high once - and it does come with a touchscreen attached. For running modern android on a basic-use phone, sure - but This thing is useless for todays multimedia.

To compare - the RK3188's predecessor - the RK3066 - scored almost triple of the Alwinner A10.
      Support your local flasher
      Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

My point being showing detail beyond the factual point; You're not exactly getting much for those $120. 2 years ago maybe, not now. And as my answer was a reply to a question regarding a comparisment to an 2GB ram RK3188 stick, I hardly think that user have too much use for a screen and battery. Point is that the stick he asked about comparisment to - is 10x the machine in most aspects, at a lower price tag than the represented PengPod tablet.

Users here on average, are far to specs-conciuos for this pitch. I believe the OP will have better better luck promoting this somewhere else.
        Support your local flasher
        Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Working...
        X