Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing Screen Bleed pipo m8 Pro

Hi Guys

I have a pipo m8 pro with Riley firmware - it works great.

But the bottom left and right screen bleed is killing me.

Im sure memirimobiles will offer me a replacment or fix - but if anyone knows a simple fix ( screen tightness or tape ) please let me know and I will do it myself

Any instructions on m8 dissambly?

thanks

Chris

M8pro disassembly: http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...extra=page%3D1

Higly detailed. I suggst you use a pair fairly strong guitar pick, or a few discarded credit-card-type cards wich you can trim the edge a bit thinner on. Once you get a side and a corner, the rest is a cake walk. You'll see from the pics where the tabs are - and there is one fairly close to each side of every corner. Just lever it carefully with something plastic, and stick your card in the gap once you have 2-3 tabs open.
    Support your local flasher
    Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
      M8pro disassembly: http://www.pipo.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod...extra=page%3D1

Higly detailed. I suggst you use a pair fairly strong guitar pick, or a few discarded credit-card-type cards wich you can trim the edge a bit thinner on. Once you get a side and a corner, the rest is a cake walk. You'll see from the pics where the tabs are - and there is one fairly close to each side of every corner. Just lever it carefully with something plastic, and stick your card in the gap once you have 2-3 tabs open.
      Perfect thank you for the dissembly.

Do you happen to know of any tricks I can do once i get it appart to lower screen bleed?

I am in the process of getting it warantee repair - but thought i would so some simple research first.

thanks once again

Comment

Re: Fixing Screen Bleed pipo m8 Pro

Sorry no, yours was the first report I've seen about this issue. With LED backlit PS panels, this isn't a very typical issue any longer...

Comment

Originally posted by pr0xZen View Post
          Sorry no, yours was the first report I've seen about this issue. With LED backlit PS panels, this isn't a very typical issue any longer...

I have attached a pic - am I being too fussy or is what I see "normal"

Appart from this its a great tab

Brightness is at 100% & 30 % but i have at 0% too if needed

thanks

Chris
          Attached Files

Comment

NOT normal. Not even close. Honestly, i don't think this is a firmware issue. I'm fuzzy, and there is just a tiiiny sense of bleed on my m8pro, at 100% brightness, black screen. And at that brightness level its damn near impossible to escape it - as the tablet is nigh on a construction site torch. Only way to get much better is OLED, wich isn't backlit at all.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbowen View Post
              I have attached a pic - am I being too fussy or is what I see "normal"

Appart from this its a great tab

Brightness is at 100% & 30 % but i have at 0% too if needed

thanks

Chris
              My PiPo M8Pro3G has none of the bleed you have shown, even with brightness at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by geofferyh View Post
                My PiPo M8Pro3G has none of the bleed you have shown, even with brightness at 100%.
                Hi All - thanks for the replies.

Ok - can someone else send me a pic of the screen of a pipo m8pro in low light conditions?

I have contacted the seller and they have told me the screen bleed I see is OK - normal.

But I think it is not great. Guys im loving the tablet but watching movies especially is wide screen is annoying.

I am using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexJRnud32U then pausing it. Then taking a pic with my camera.

The seller has asked me to take a pic in the light. So I have put the lamp on 4 feet away from the tab, set the brightness to 0% and taken a pic - attached.

If someone else with a pipo m8 pro can confirm with a pic what I am seeing is OK / normal I can drop the subject.

All I have asked for is to return my tablet and have a lower level bleed screen, or be sent a screen & backloght and I get someone to fit it locally out of my pocket.

The tablet appart from this is great - really good.

So attached is 100% & 30% brightness in the dark. Today 0% brightness with a lamp on 4 feet away from the tab.

Thanks again alll

Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X