64gb micro SD card with pipo M8 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64gb micro SD card with pipo M8 pro

Hi guys - I was just about to buy a 64gb micro sd card re format it into the correct format and try it in my pipo m8 pro.

Has anyone else tried this

thanks

Chris

I never have tried a 64gb card...only 32. It seems that all of the specs on the Android devices say "up to 32gb"...but I haven't tried pushing that envelope (yet), hahaha!!!!!
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I never have tried a 64gb card...only 32. It seems that all of the specs on the Android devices say "up to 32gb"...but I haven't tried pushing that envelope (yet), hahaha!!!!!
      Well according to the web, the reason things are capped at 32gb is the windows ability to format FAT 32 upto 32 gb.

According to many sources using a third party fat 32 format program to format the 64gb card should be compatible with androids.

Maybe i should make the plunge and buy a 64gb card - format it in fat 32 and see........

Chris

Comment

I format all my SD cards for my tablets to NTFS. This prevents the corruption issues that the 3066 chips caused. You might be able to format with Windows to 64gig.

The only thing this affects is that CWM can't save a backup to an NTFS drive, so I save the backup to my internal drive and then copy it over to the NTFS drive. Then, I move it back if I need to do a restore. I hardly ever use CWM to make backups, though because I use Titanium, instead.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by chrisbowen View Post
          Well according to the web, the reason things are capped at 32gb is the windows ability to format FAT 32 upto 32 gb.

According to many sources using a third party fat 32 format program to format the 64gb card should be compatible with androids.

Maybe i should make the plunge and buy a 64gb card - format it in fat 32 and see........

Chris
          You can format using fat32 partitions with 2Tb of space, the bad in fat 32 is the corruption(I never experimented it, but some people does) and only 4Gb for file limitation.
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

ExFAT is another alternative. But what about ext3/4? With Paragon ExtFS there should be fairly transparant read/write support under Windows too (including Win8). You would be limited to what orther computers can read/write, unless you install ExtFS or similar on them too - but atleast it doesn't have those limitations as mentioned above. NTFS and exFAT can't be read by CWM, ext file systems can. Another point for ext3 or 4.
            Support your local flasher
            Current devices : Pipo MAX M8 Pro - Samsung Galaxy S4 - Intel NUC

Comment

Working...
            X