Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed: CHUWI Hi8 Tablet problem

Hey guys,

i would like to ask you guys about a problem with my tablet.
    It worked just fine after purchasing for 4-5 months. After it happened something, i don't know what could cause it, but i didn't drop it nor tried to take it apart. So actually i tried to take care of it as much as possible. I also didn't modify its system. (rom/firmware, it has still the stock rom).

The problem is: the touch screen's left 1cm stripe/streak from the quite top to the bottom like a very straight line couldn't detect my finger's touch. (i mean not just mine, usually )
    And also the windows sign (which is a touch button under the screen doesn't work either)

If i'm rotating the device, or flip it, the not working stripe/streak remains on the same side(physically ofc).
    I tried to diagnose the problem, so i turned on 'developer options' and to 'show touches'. It confirmed what i have already noticed and mentioned above written.

So my question is: is that a defected tablet and has a physical problem with the screen itself or can that be a software problem and can somehow solve the problem?

Since it's a dual boot tablet, i have also tried if the problem remains in windows 10 also, but unfortunately i had to determine that it is also a problem in Windows.
    Anyways the screen itself as a display works perfect, no visual problem. If i use it with a mouse there's no problem, but it would be nice if i could use it fully with my fingers too.

Thanks in advance any information, help and your answers.

Matt

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not perfect i'm sure, if something is not sure for you just ask, and i will try to explain somehow else.
    Last edited by m6tth3w; 01-22-2017, 16:11. Reason: chuwi hi8 tablet windows android dual boot screen problem touch defect display

Sorry for the edit reason, i wanted to add tags and didn't pay attention where to write it, and then i couldn't change it. Anyways the reason was to add some more info.

Comment

On the basis that the same issue is with Android and Windows, it would seem to confirm a hardware problem and as it is still in the warranty period, in the same position I would be requesting a warranty replacement/repair.

Chuwi do have an email support address at [email protected]

They are currently on holiday until February 5 though, so there will be a delay in response.

If purchased from a third party vendor then approach them first as your contract is with them.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
      X