Can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this?

Good morning everyone. I am very new to the tab world. I am currently looking for my first. Before I buy I want to make sure a tab will do what I need. For work I travel quite a bit. I have a laptop, a desk top printer/scanner, file folders, and 5 or 6 blank documents that are either excel or word created. I print them out then hand write the necessary information on the sheet, I sign off on it, then our customer or contractor signs off. I then scan it, rename it, log into our network, and file it. I want to simplify this and carry less equipment.
    Can I convert these docs to a pdf, load then on a tablet, use a stylus or drop downs to enter the needed data, and use a stylus for my customer, contractor, and me to sign off? Then upload?
    If so what should I buy? I will be paying for it myself so I want to make sure I buy a good piece. Price is really not a huge concern. I have been looking at the ipad and the transformer. I like the transformer better due to some of the accessories, but am open. Thanks for your help and advice.
    Matt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I honestly do not know if there is an app for doing this. There maybe I just do not know.

There is Office Suite for Android that allows you to open and use Office documents like Excel, word, etc.

However re: electronic signature. I think you should research that a little more. I do not believe having a signature that can be manipulated is legal and binding for a contract. Normally the user signs and THEN and ONLY THEN is it converted to a read only document. There are Web sites that will do this for you. I was on the road when I bought my last house and used a web site for electronic signature. You might check into that.

I would google "electronic signature" as see what you can learn.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks Bob. I will check. I don't really need sigs for legal reasons, just internal company documentation. If you or anyone else finds or knows of something that would work I would appreciate any information.
      Thanks again.
      Matt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        I honestly do not know if there is an app for doing this. There maybe I just do not know.

There is Office Suite for Android that allows you to open and use Office documents like Excel, word, etc.

However re: electronic signature. I think you should research that a little more. I do not believe having a signature that can be manipulated is legal and binding for a contract. Normally the user signs and THEN and ONLY THEN is it converted to a read only document. There are Web sites that will do this for you. I was on the road when I bought my last house and used a web site for electronic signature. You might check into that.

I would google "electronic signature" as see what you can learn.

Bob
        Yes I will never forget the phone call you got from your wife saying she found her dream house. Remember, we were in the meat locker at the time. (Meat locker is what Bob calls my camper trailer)

Remember the next day my wife called me and said she just picked out her anniversary gift and I could go by and pay for it when I got home. She texted me a photo of it, another ring.... That was a lot more expensive trip for you, but it was pretty rough for me as well.

Comment

Yes you can I use an app daily called sign my pad .if it ok with admin I can upload .apk for you

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
          Persistence will pay off ,Trust me !!!

Comment

Working...
          X