This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

could be more options! Even possible to short using SD card housing's ground....
    Good to know. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Hotrod1, I have a totally bricked Q5x3_141 V4.1 device, it does not turn on any lights and the USB is not detected... I have tried your suggestion and still not "waking up", you have been able to unbrick your device? How? Any guidance you can give me will be welcome.

Thanks, Bernardo.

Originally posted by Hotrod1 View Post
      The picture in comment #822 shows the wrong pins. These are the correct pins confirmed.

Comment

Hi all! Help where to close the contacts on the TV box x88 pro s on the Allwinneri h616 processor to reset the memory chip, prefix brick

Comment

Image IMG-20210917-WA0002 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Image IMG-20210917-WA0001 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Image IMG-20210917-WA0000 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

Here is a photo of the board, who can help.

Comment

Originally posted by bertdf View Post
                  Hi Hotrod1, I have a totally bricked Q5x3_141 V4.1 device, it does not turn on any lights and the USB is not detected... I have tried your suggestion and still not "waking up", you have been able to unbrick your device? How? Any guidance you can give me will be welcome.

Thanks, Bernardo.

Post a good quality pic of each side of your board and the complete model name and all the hardware specs and I'll see if I can help you out.

Comment

Hi Hotrod1, thanks for answer. Here you have them... it is a generic brand -Profiber 4/32Gb- but it is observed that the board is X96, I assume it will be similar to X96 MAX Plus Q2 4/32Gb or X96 MAX Plus 4/32GB.
                    Any help will be welcome, I have tried everything without success.

front (https://ibb.co/LSL0j87)
                    back (https://ibb.co/T131LsF)

Thanks, Bernardo.

Post a good quality pic of each side of your board and the complete model name and all the hardware specs and I'll see if I can help you out.

Comment

Hi guys.

Have X96 Max 3, had Slimbox ROM, rooted, and TWRP installed.
                      Wanted to go back to stock because didn't manage to get Netfilx in FHD.

First I installed official recovery, then, official ROM X96Max_Plus2_20200901-1005 ROM
                      That went without any errors, but after reboot, it stucked there.
                      Tried to short pin it, nothing. (already done this few times before, every time worked, till now)

But, if I leave it connected via USB A-A cable to my computer, after 10 mins it boots, but UBT won't recognize it.
                      Tried few versions of UBT, but no luck.

Pics are here:

Comment

You must touch something metallic across the 2 pins in the red circle in this pic. Then connect the usb to the box. Watch this video he shows you how to unbrick using Mask ROM. You must load the ROM in the Amlogic burner before you connect the usb.

Comment

x96 max plus: short nAND to SD ground: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d1121a49b9.jpg

Try any pins on BGA chip backside and try to short to SD card's housing ground

Comment

Originally posted by bertdf View Post
                            Hi Hotrod1, thanks for answer. Here you have them... it is a generic brand -Profiber 4/32Gb- but it is observed that the board is X96, I assume it will be similar to X96 MAX Plus Q2 4/32Gb or X96 MAX Plus 4/32GB.
                            Any help will be welcome, I have tried everything without success.

front (https://ibb.co/LSL0j87)
                            back (https://ibb.co/T131LsF)

Thanks, Bernardo.

Sorry forgot to put the video link into my last post.

Comment

Hi Hotrod1, I was finally able to "revive" the box, I leave below the step by step that has worked for me (Option 2).

Option 1 (for most cases)

- Get the box without power or USB connection
                              - Open the software Amlogic USB burning tool
                              - Select the image to burn
                              - Connect your male to male USB cable to the PC
                              - Put something metallic (a screwdriver) between the pins which are in the orange circle of this image and hold -verify that the board is the same than the picture
                              - Connect your male to male USB cable to the box to USB 1 port
                              - When you hear the sound on the PC that has detected the box, remove the screwdriver
                              - Plug the box into electrical power
                              - Click on the ‘Start’ button to proceed with the burn

Option 2 (when Option 1 it doesn't work)

- Get the box without power or USB connection
                              - Put something metallic (a screwdriver) between the pins which are in the orange circle of this image and hold -verify that the board is the same than the picture
                              -
                              Plug the box into electrical power and wait for about 5 seconds
                              - Disconnect the box for the electrical power
                              - Follow the steps in Option 1

The only ROM that I found where everything works (bluetooth, wifi, etc) is this Slimboxtv X96 Max Plus Q1

Thanks, Bernardo.

Sorry forgot to put the video link into my last post.
                              https://youtu.be/OyZJVD5SbSY

Comment

I'm glad you were able to get it working. The X96 Plus on the Slimbox site has like 10 ROM's to choose from. Some will brick your box if you don't choose the right one.

Comment

Working...
                                X