Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reboot - is this an app?

Hi,
    My mk808, finless 1. 7, the "Reboot" doesn't do anything. When I click on it it just glows blue! Should I have to look for an App or go elsewhere for it to work?
    Thank you.
    Bob H.

Guessing: the reboot app needs root access via Super User. Maybe SU is set to deny it for some reason?

Comment

Originally posted by hawkinob View Post
      Hi,
      My mk808, finless 1. 7, the "Reboot" doesn't do anything. When I click on it it just glows blue! Should I have to look for an App or go elsewhere for it to work?
      Thank you.
      Bob H.

just go here and download the reboot app and install on your device . see if it works that way .

freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
        just go here and download the reboot app and install on your device . see if it works that way .

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post14980
        That's the app I thought he was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by big10p View Post
          That's the app I thought he was talking about.

i'm sure it is . he must have a problem with the one already installed . stuff happens .lol
          freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Hi,
            Thank you all for the time and suggestions. I will try to sort it but I appreciate Finless Bob's signature as I am one of those (forgive them ...) but hopefully 900supersort's signature might also apply (Proof that you're never ....) although I think the second part of 900'signature might apply!!
            I am a very new "convert"to Android, via the mk808, and much is mystifying. Folk are very kind with their help but is there what might be a beginner's guide i.e first principles? Any 'howto" sites or books?
            For instance I managed to install the Finless 1.7, eventually!!, using Windows7. Does that mean that all downloads for updates are using Windows i.e the suggestion that I download the reboot app and install on the 808? And what is an APK? I think I'm correct in thinking that "APPs" are what used to be called "programmes"?
            Again apologies for being what I am - a 79 year old trying to be modern.
            Thanks.
            Bob H.

Comment

Hi,
              Tried your suggestion, big10p.
              After clicking on Reboot I get a message (at least I now get a message!):-
              "You don't have root access." Behind this message was a faint list of Reboot items.
              So went to Super User and along with the date and time it stated "Reboot Denied".
              So clicked at top right and it showed "Automatic Response" and the "Prompt"button was on. Changed that to "Allow".
              Went back to Reboot but still no access and Super User showed "Reboot Denied".
              Before trying other things, any suggestions please?
              Thank you.
              Bob H.
              p.s. big10p save some decent weather for September please.

Comment

Not sure what's going on. Sounds like SU isn't working properly or your device hasn't been fully rooted for some reason. Try clicking on Play Store and download/install a Root Checker app (yes, app (application) is what we used to just call programs ).

When we talk about downloading an app here, yes, we mean on your Android device. Forget about Windows - you just need it to flash ROMs (firmware) onto your MK808. APK is an Application Package - basically just a kind of zip file that contains all the files/resources that make up an Android application.

To get used to Android, I'd just spend some time playing around with it and asking question here, if you like. I hadn't used Android until I got a new phone about 6 months ago.

p.s. I'll see what I can do about the weather but in this country it's anyone's guess. I take it you're heading this way in September then?

Comment

Hi,
                  Thank you big10p for your response, I'll give it a go and certainly try to get involved with Android. It is good to know that there are folk prepared to help. Each tip, advice helps.
                  Thanks again.
                  Bob H.
                  p.s. I'm a 10 pound Pom so know what the weather can be like but do your best for us!!! We are hoping for what used to be called an "Indian Summer" - nice weather later in the season.

Comment

Working...
                  X