Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Screen Recorders that work on Android TV boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Screen Recorders that work on Android TV boxes?

I feel like I've tried them all with no success. I'm usually not able to hit the record button because the recorder app won't sense the mouse input and instead expects a touch.

Has anyone been able to successfully use a screen recorder on their Android TV box? If so, which one?

Cheers

This is the one that I use and works quite well for me.

You may have to play with the settings a little to get the best results as it will vary from box to box.

http://www.scr-screen-recorder.com/
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thanks blues..

That's actually one that I had tried. I get the OSD, but I can't click any of the elements on it with my mouse. The only thing I can do is click the far left edge of the screen which seems to highlight the OSD and allow me to move it around but still cannot click the record button or any other buttons contains inside of the OSD.

Did you have this issue?

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      This is the one that I use and works quite well for me.

You may have to play with the settings a little to get the best results as it will vary from box to box.

http://www.scr-screen-recorder.com/

Comment

I did have this issue once before on other boxes but it turned out to be a firmware setting that needed changing and for the life of me right now I can't remember what it was but if I remember I'll get back to you.

Comment

If you do remember it, I would be forever grateful! Much appreciated blues..

I did have this issue once before on other boxes but it turned out to be a firmware setting that needed changing and for the life of me right now I can't remember what it was but if I remember I'll get back to you.

Comment

Was it one of the options under Developer Options?

Comment

Originally posted by tvboxguy View Post
              Was it one of the options under Developer Options?
              I've been racking my brains all day but it just won't come back to me at the moment.

It will come tome though and I'm sure that somebody else will very likely pitch in with the answer soon.

Comment

Haha don't stress over it man but it do appreciate the effort nonetheless. Thanks again for your help thus far. And if anyone else can shed some insight here it would be very much appreciated!

Here's another one though... I was able to try a few other new screen recorders where I could actually click the record button but all of them left me with a green screen during playback. Did you experience this as well?

I've been racking my brains all day but it just won't come back to me at the moment.

It will come tome though and I'm sure that somebody else will very likely pitch in with the answer soon.

Comment

Yes, in my time I have tried every screen recorder out there and some do result in capturing nothing but a green screen.

Some will record the general interface but as soon as you switch to record some video, the green screen again.

In the end I bought an HDMI capture box to guarantee that it works every time and use SCR Pro for quick and dirty captures.

Comment

Haha funny enough I used an Elgado to do the caps right now but the idea of just using an app led me to believe it would be less of an effort. For quick and dirty caps right now I'm running Android through a VM in windows and just using recordit to cap the window. But Android-x86 itself performs like ass.

Yes, in my time I have tried every screen recorder out there and some do result in capturing nothing but a green screen.

Some will record the general interface but as soon as you switch to record some video, the green screen again.

In the end I bought an HDMI capture box to guarantee that it works every time and use SCR Pro for quick and dirty captures.

Comment

Yes the more processes involved the poorer the output quality can become.

Comment

Hi to all ,

did you try "Rec." App from PlayStore ???

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern, that looked promising but unfortunately the recording just resulted in another green screen.

Did you run into this issue?

Cheers

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                          Hi to all ,

did you try "Rec." App from PlayStore ???

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Hi tvboxguy ,

Until now not , but what kind of Box do u use ???

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Primarily testing this on an X92 but I have access to others

Comment

Working...
                              X