Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSA93-S912 32G Octa Core

HELLO,

I have a CSA93-S912 32G Octa Core , could someone tell me who makes this tv box?, are there any updated firmware that works on this box?, is it the same as other branded box? any info would be great

no replys, so, anyone owning this unit, I flashed over to the 7.1.2 firmware for the h96 proplus, using the usb burner method, amazing differance, faster, smoother, everything works great except for front panel clock that says boot.... stock firmware had issues, so took the chance and did the firmware

Comment

Hi, John,
      Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post. I also own a q9377 3/32 CSA93. I took some initiative and was able to download 7.1 firmware for the q9377 box date 06192017. I flashed my box using the SD card built from this file, and it went in without errors. There are two variants of the firmware, one that has a customized Kodi player (XGO) and the other that I suspect has the stock Kodi program (probably 17.3). The XGO release has a "rough" Kodi player in the XGO, and I am going to use the stock Kodi player version for my machine. If you are interested, I can make those files available to you. The clock display on the front of the box works. and you are able to change out the launcher since you have root privs. Let me know if you want to try the FW. Of course, it worked for my box, but I can't guarantee results for you. If you have an ap6330 based CSA93, they also have 7.1 FW for that box too.
      Regards,
      LM

Comment

thx for taking the time to reply, I used alfa h96+ rom in the forums flashed using a pc and usb cable, flashed and boothed to nugat ...works very well, much faster, remote works also, front clock disply only displays boot...which is fine with me...rather have newest OS and working great

your welcome to post your rom links

Comment

Originally posted by lm32692 View Post
          Hi, John,
          Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post. I also own a q9377 3/32 CSA93. I took some initiative and was able to download 7.1 firmware for the q9377 box date 06192017. I flashed my box using the SD card built from this file, and it went in without errors. There are two variants of the firmware, one that has a customized Kodi player (XGO) and the other that I suspect has the stock Kodi program (probably 17.3). The XGO release has a "rough" Kodi player in the XGO, and I am going to use the stock Kodi player version for my machine. If you are interested, I can make those files available to you. The clock display on the front of the box works. and you are able to change out the launcher since you have root privs. Let me know if you want to try the FW. Of course, it worked for my box, but I can't guarantee results for you. If you have an ap6330 based CSA93, they also have 7.1 FW for that box too.
          Regards,
          LM
          I'm interested in the firmware to upgrade csa93 q6330 to android 7.. How can I get it?
          I's hard to find firmwares for it most have the other wifichipset
          BTW my box is 3GB/32GB

Comment

in rom forums, read how to flash your device, alfawise H96 pro + rom works really well with android 7 on the csa93 I have

Comment

Originally posted by johnblaze
              in rom forums, read how to flash your device, alfawise H96 pro + rom works really well with android 7 on the csa93 I have
              sadly as far as I know there are 2 varyants of csa93, and mine doesn't have the same wifi chipset than H96 pro+, thaks anyway

Enviado desde mi CSA93 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

also I would like to know if there is a firmware in true 64bit, because the chipset suports 64bit but the stock firmware is 32bit.
                I don't understand why nnot use the full potential

Enviado desde mi CSA93 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

your correct, two versions of the csa, I believe you have the first model

simply burn the correct rom to your device.... to upgrade it

reading the forums, look at what you have learned already

Comment

I looked through the baidu software archive this morning looking for the CSA93 7.1 firmware that would support the 6330 wifi chip, and I'm afraid you are out of luck. It looks like they decided to upgrade the q9377 board to android 7.1, and decided to leave the earlier 6330 boards on 6.0 or 6.0.1. I SUSPECT that you can flash the H96 pro+ to 7.1.2 and everything should work fine with the exception of the wifi chip. Then I believe you might have 4 options: 1) hard-wire your internet connection into the ethernet port (if the hard-wired ethernet drivers are compatible with your board), 2) See if they have included 6330 support for the custom firmware that is in development for the Altawise H96 Pro+ on this site (that may be a possibility), 3) Flash the firmware to 7.1.2, and then try to find the drivers for the 6330 wifi chip after the fact, and install them (a long shot), or 4) Stay on Android 6.0 or 6.0.1 and optimize that solution. I know how hard it is to try and find upgrade firmware for the CSA93, so I wish you good luck with your efforts.

Comment

csa 93 pcb photos
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 8 photos.

Comment

I found a stash of roms for the csa93 tvbox, everything works, clock/remote and 7.1 https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjvLT6wg0IwsTF27g
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Hi,

did anyone succed to use this box with a newer version of Android like Android 7.1 or Armbian and could tell something about the best .dtb or Image-Files?
                          I have also the one with 32GB ROM/3 GB RAM and GbE. That should in my option be a Raspery-killer if there is a chance to bring Armbian to fly. - It would be great if there are people who wanna use this box also anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X