USB Debugging HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Debugging HELP PLEASE!

I've had about 10 different android TV boxes over the last 6 months from Amazon or Chinese sites that I can NOT connect to via USB. Once developer options are enabled and USB Debugging is enabled I ordinarily use a USB A-A cable and connect to my PC. Does anyone know why some boxes aren't recognized by my PC and others are? Is it a driver issue? I've tried several drivers that I thought would work for this Mecool M8s Pro + box but NOTHING works. And I don't think it's my USB cord because it works with so many other boxes. If someone can help me solve this issue I'd seriously be willing to Paypal my appreciation. I've scoured the web and I don't know Chinese =(

Looks like driver issues.
    But
    Do you have unknown device in device manager, when you plug in Box. ?

Are you in the correct OTG port of the Box ?

Do you hold reset button and wait to detect. ?

I only ask cause you don't mention.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi there thank you so much for responding! Yes, with most of the boxes that I can't USB into I have an unknown device in the device manager, but not always. I try both USB ports on the Android boxes and click on/off enabling USB debugging. It's maddening because with some devices my PC instantly recognizes them and others...nothing. I've never tried holding the reset button before-would you suggest this? Press and hold reset button then insert USB A-A connection?

If it is a driver issue, are there different drivers for each chip? Box? Manufacturer? Because I've installed a few s905x type drivers I found online and that hasn't worked for me yet. Thanks again so much for your help, I don't know who else to turn to lol. I'll definitely be making a contribution to Freaktab.

Comment

Hello,

I would say use ADB over Ethernet.

There is an APK for Android that enables ADB over Ethernet, you can Download it here:

Also, you need the ADB Tools from Google you can get from here:

Install the APK on the Box start it and enable the ADB Shell.
        Also, notice the IP Address it will show you.

On your Computer, you do now the following:

adb connect IP Adress
        adb shell

Now you should be Connected via ADB to you Box.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
          Hello,

I would say use ADB over Ethernet.

There is an APK for Android that enables ADB over Ethernet, you can Download it here:

Also, you need the ADB Tools from Google you can get from here:

Install the APK on the Box start it and enable the ADB Shell.
          Also, notice the IP Address it will show you.

On your Computer, you do now the following:

adb connect IP Adress
          adb shell

Now you should be Connected via ADB to you Box.

Neomode

Hi there and thanks for your help! Ya I can connect over IP with no problems using ADB Link. My particular situation requires being able to pop in a USB A-A cable and push data out quickly.

Comment

Okay, understand did not read it out.
            I think then they disable the ADB over USB.
            But you can try the following to get it back.
            But it needs modifications to the System.

We need to tweak some parameters in settings.db
            So get the settings.db from your Device with
            adb over ethernet.
            adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db settings.db Then get you DB Browser for SQLI from here --> http://sqlitebrowser.org/ Now that you need to change: In the global table, change the value for: adb_enabled to 1 development_settings_enabled to 1 Check that verifier_verify_adb_installs is set to 1 in the global table. Check that as default, in the secure table: adb_notify is 1 adb_port is -1 Save the changes to settings.db and copy back that. adb shell rm /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db exit adb push settings.db /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/ That should do the Trick after that you can use adb over USB. Neomode

Comment

Working...
            X