No announcement yet.

Mxq Pro 4k with Rockchip Board (Android 7,1, 1g ram 8 g rom) network problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mxq Pro 4k with Rockchip Board (Android 7,1, 1g ram 8 g rom) network problem

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Mxq Pro 4k (thought it was with S9xx board but it came with a Rockchip Board !!!. It came with Android 7.1, 1 gigs of ram and 8 gigs of rom. The TV Box board is R329Q_V3.0 dated 2017.09.12.

I have a problem with network because when I access my WiFi router and watch YouTube after 2 or 3 minutes the screen went off for about 7 seconds and then came back just to see that WiFi antenna logo is empty inside meaning that WiFi is on in the settings but my router connection is "Not in Range". It does not show other connections. I then plugged in with LAN cable no connection. I changed the router, I went to my friend's home same problem. When i restarted the box, the problem again is the same with the exception of turning off and plugging off power cable. When I plug it on the same thing, wireless works, you can download and open something but again after 3 or 5 minutes it does the same. The WiFi problem could appear after 15 or 20 minutes of normal connection after "unplugging" USB mouse attached to the box.

I reset it to factory defaults, I asked the dealer to send me the firmware, same problem. I also found an identical firmware (android 7.1 as older versions are un-flashable) and flashed it, still the same. I did static IP configuration with LAN and ip numbers, LAN logo goes off and on, off and on, off and on.

I attached some photos plus web-links of uploaded video recordings. If you have any identical firmware for this board it will be helpful.

LAN adapter static configuration: https://streamable.com/iu5cb

Any help would be appreciated.

Albert
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Probably a hardware defect and weak wifi chip bundled with wifi interference from the wifi airmouse.
    Overheating is also common on MXQ devices and cause all sorts of problems with wifi, stability and random power offs.
    No firmware will solve the problem.

Comment

Hi ,

maybe a Bug in the Rom , only a internal Antenna , solder problems ??? or the Box is bricked

because of bad Chips or similar , not the Pro , but dont buy to cheap Boxes , for what do you

need the Box ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi mo123,

Thanks for quick response.

I have carefully tested it, the processor and memory units work flawlessly, no overheating issue on the chip, no problems with operation of box except when WiFi or LAN adapter goes off stirring up blank screen for about 5-10 seconds. But i sensed some heating on the back beneath the box where LAN and HDMI sockets are, with a plastic-like smell.

When i put it on refrigerator for 10 min and then turn it on, it works for about 1 hour without any problem, making me believe that a cooling system may help override this problem.

So my question is, apart from software which is not cause of this failure, can i put a modified heat-sink and a cooling fan on the network chip and NAND chip, I do not know exactly how network chip looks like but see the picture attached and confirm whether these are the chips i am talking about. Can i connect the cooling fan with one of USB sockets?

Thanks,

Albert
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,

I have carefully tested it, the processor and memory units work flawlessly, no overheating issue on the chip, no problems with operation of box except when WiFi or LAN adapter goes off stirring up blank screen for about 5-10 seconds. But i sensed some heating on the back beneath the box where LAN and HDMI sockets are, with a plastic-like smell.

When i put it on refrigerator for 10 min and then turn it on, it works for about 1 hour without any problem, making me believe that a cooling system may help override this problem.

So my question is, apart from software which is not cause of this failure, can i put a modified heat-sink and a cooling fan on the network chip and NAND chip, I do not know exactly how network chip looks like but see the picture attached and confirm whether these are the chips i am talking about. Can i connect the cooling fan with one of USB sockets?

Thanks,

Albert

Comment

Originally posted by albert_muja View Post
            Hi,

Thanks,

Albert
            Hi ,

yes you can use the USB socket for Power , no problem , my Boxes have Fans too , most of this Boxes

need cooling for better Performence . The Picture shows the "Nand" Chip , the Network Chips are most

near by the Antenna , please post a full PCB Picture , you can find several cooling Mods here on FT .

hope it helps , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

once more , please no double Threads , moved Mo123 answers to here &

delete the double Thread , remember for future ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi gefattern,

Thanks for everything with your posts. See the picture attached of PCB. I have added some description, but the part that is heating is around the sockets HDMI and LAN.

I have some copper heatsinks and 5v laptop fans.

Check which is exactly the area that i need to cool mostly.

Albert

Comment

Hi gefattern,

Thanks for everything with your posts. See the picture attached of PCB. I have added some description, but the part that is heating is around the sockets HDMI and LAN.

I have some copper heatsinks and 5v laptop fans.

Check which is exactly the area that i need to cool mostly.

Albert
                  Hi ,

first , i am not really a Pro in that , but i think , the Quality Control failed with this Device , it never had to be sold .

If cooling really helps you can try to , new , heatsink the Chips and add a Fan , what about Water cooling , if you

are a real Box Freak , but best would be to buy a new and better Box , if possible .

What about the Powersupply did you check it , does it have enough output ???

Next time look for a better Rom supported Box .

good luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi guys,

I recently bought a Mxq Pro 4k (thought it was with S9xx board but it came with a Rockchip Board !!!. It came with Android 7.1, 1 gigs of ram and 8 gigs of rom. The TV Box board is R329Q_V3.0 dated 2017.09.12.

I have a problem with network because when I access my WiFi router and watch YouTube after 2 or 3 minutes the screen went off for about 7 seconds and then came back just to see that WiFi antenna logo is empty inside meaning that WiFi is on in the settings but my router connection is "Not in Range". It does not show other connections. I then plugged in with LAN cable no connection. I changed the router, I went to my friend's home same problem. When i restarted the box, the problem again is the same with the exception of turning off and plugging off power cable. When I plug it on the same thing, wireless works, you can download and open something but again after 3 or 5 minutes it does the same. The WiFi problem could appear after 15 or 20 minutes of normal connection after "unplugging" USB mouse attached to the box.

I reset it to factory defaults, I asked the dealer to send me the firmware, same problem. I also found an identical firmware (android 7.1 as older versions are un-flashable) and flashed it, still the same. I did static IP configuration with LAN and ip numbers, LAN logo goes off and on, off and on, off and on.

I attached some photos plus web-links of uploaded video recordings. If you have any identical firmware for this board it will be helpful.

LAN adapter static configuration: https://streamable.com/iu5cb

Any help would be appreciated.

Albert
                    hello you could place the firmware link please I would like to try it

Comment

• gefattern
                      gefattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      what kind of FW , he has a problem with his PCB , no FW linked .
                  Working...
                  X