H96 Pro + Firmware Update Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro + Firmware Update Issues!

I have been trying to update my H96 Pro + media box for a week now, i started by trying to update to a Samsung 32GB Micro SDHC card, my laptop wouldnt recognize there was a disc, so after a whole day of trying to get it to work including cleaning the card contacts i ordered a new SDHC micro card and new USB adaptor, it was a 32GB Sandisk, so i stuck it in the new USB adaptor, hey presto, it was recognized and worked and i added the firmware to the card.

i followed instructions, put the card into the media box, got a screen that popped up giving me several options, i tried a few, the third option wanted a link to the file, i did not know what to put so gave up, switched box off, when i switched back on i got nothing but a blank black screen but the blue inside the box was lit.

i have read the forum posts, i think i know the problem, i am now connecting to the computer and using the burning tool, version 2.08. The problem is that at 4% it fails with error identity message, i think the issue is the ether.ini file in licences, i did ip config, found my mac address, entered it in start, but what goes in end?

Also the mac address on this iPad seems different to the computer, i am not sure i am doing this right but i am convinced the licence file is why this is failing, my mac address starts 00, is that going to be right?

as i say i have followed many threads and tried most of the things listed in them, so i think its maybe this ether file needing editing to get it all working, can anyone help with anymore advice, the H96 Pro Plus i have has 3GB Ram, 32GB ROM, CPU S912, at the moment it is in a bricked state but i believe that is more semi bricked and i can update this to Android 7.1 and get it working again with some help.

sorry for the long post, i hope someone can help me.

I am still stuck on this.

the issue is clearly the licence file, reading on another site that the Amlogic burning tool is supposed to have a customization folder where i can find the licence file and then i put that file in the licence folder, i do not see it, no such folder exists and my licence file is empty.

Thats why get key fails, i know my MAC but i do not know what goes in the end box, why on earth do they make this so difficult, for other devices its easy to upgrade firmware, this licence key is de-moralising, can anyone help please.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	731138 Got past the get key, now stuck with another problem, screenshot below.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Put the license folder into Amlogic USB Burning Tool.
        I think you have the wrong firmware for your box.
        It depends on the counter. Green, blue ... LP version, normal etc ...
        That's why the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Gante View Post
          Put the license folder into Amlogic USB Burning Tool.
          I think you have the wrong firmware for your box.
          It depends on the counter. Green, blue ... LP version, normal etc ...
          That's why the bug.
          Thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded three different firmware versions all saying they are for H96 Pro + box, the latest one i have tried is from entertainment box, same issues with all of them.

My box is H96 Pro + with 3G Rom and 32G Ram, how can i find out the correct firmware to download ?

Comment

Try normal version KDMC or LP Version. One Of Them Will Go.
            https://yadi.sk/d/9J-JpwkF3L5SaA https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!pjRnUKBK

Comment

This Is for normal version /not LP!/ Including Licence folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gante View Post
                This Is for normal version /not LP!/ Including Licence folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_I...eBXhQkaPQ/view
                I tried the normal version, same problem, always 4% at the uBoot and always exactly 13 seconds when it comes up with the same message as above, i tried several different things, cable in first, cable in after i press start, reset button, refreshing it, nothing worked, always times out with that message after 13 seconds.

I will try the other firmware tomorrow, getting late now but thanks for your help its appreciated.

Comment

I looked at that thread before starting a new one, i didnt see any answers that worked for me there.

I think the problem may be with uBoot, i recall reading a thread where someone did something to a file or code that resolved this but i cannot locate where i read it, its very frustrating when something should be straightforward but ends up being a nightmare.

Comment

Look All:

Comment

Working...
                    X