ANDROID TV BOX WIFI DRIVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANDROID TV BOX WIFI DRIVER

i have a : '' M96X - II MINI TV Box '' and i looked everywhere for a firmware without luck , found some that work but the wifi never does ... now i figured out that my wifi chip is a rtl8189etv which the driver that goes for it is 8189es.ko , now i have that driver ,also the WIFI folder as well my question is : how can i add that driver to my android box? i have already tried just copying the files ... but that didn't get it to work ...

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE
    Last edited by samome; 07-10-2018, 12:14. Reason: firmware

do you have root ? might be your problem if not .
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
      do you have root ? might be your problem if not .
      Yes one of the firmwares that work for me , do have root , I open es explorer with root permission, copy all the files to WiFi folder and to system/lib and save and restar but with no luck ... any advice?

Comment

Check that the file permissions are set correctly.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          Check that the file permissions are set correctly.
          Hmm how can i do that?

Comment

Originally posted by samome View Post

Hmm how can i do that?
            Hi ,

in the Settings of that Folder most under Permissions or Attribute , but u must know the

right permissions 755 or similar , i am not a Pro in permissions ,

so good luck gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

in the Settings of that Folder most under Permissions or Attribute , but u must know the

right permissions 755 or similar , i am not a Pro in permissions ,

so good luck gefattern
              THANKS , i will try that

Comment

• gefattern
                gefattern commented
                Editing a comment
                best you look before what permissions the old Drivers have and take this over , good luck gefattern

Any success ? I want to port my drivers from my current rom to an other one that is fully working and full of nice features but don't has my drivers for wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by unumfri View Post
                Any success ? I want to port my drivers from my current rom to an other one that is fully working and full of nice features but don't has my drivers for wifi.
                No sadly , No luck ... i have tried copying the driver files in ( system/lib ) and wifi folder to etc/wifi , i have also set the permissions exactly as the old ones had , but still didn't do it ...

i think there should be some kind of command to use on the terminal to install the drivers? If you find any solution please do let me know.

Comment

I also have the same problem, I installed different software without backup, wifi does not work in the software I installed, I cannot find the original rom, I do not know what to do ((
                  I could not find the software of my device on the site,MX IV 4K 5.1.1 1 gb ram 8gb rom version
                  Can you help me if anyone has knowledge, or how to find software suitable for my device.

Comment

I was thinking about buying such a tv box, however I am not really sure it is good enough

Comment

Working...
                    X