The Ad Blocking detection needs some work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ad Blocking detection needs some work

If I fire up a brand new installation of Opera, with no ad blocking extensions or with the inbuilt facility turned off,I get the new page pop-up telling me that the site has detected an ad blocking extension.

But if I load up something like Chrome, with more than one ad blocker installed, no restriction.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

I agree..
    Yesterday.. I could not access the site.. even with the adblocker off inside opera ( settings / powersave )
    but using a different WiFi router I could..
    *opera has no white list option..at least not mine

Some browsers use adblocker add-on... but the also include the "anti adblock script list" from github ( chrome?)
    also the old abp app that uses proxy
    *some routers/android users use DNS (IP / dns app ) to block ads

asking for people to add freaktab to white list...great
    but at least give people how cannot...the option to view freaktab
    *those that use public routers with adblockers built-in (DNS or host based ) might not be-able to view this site

perhaps.. you could add a donation button.. instead of adding more ads

just a thought

Comment

It's the browser not the site.

nothing wrong with the site at all. Just use a better browser.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
        It's the browser not the site.

nothing wrong with the site at all. Just use a better browser.
        That is incorrect.

The same browsers were working correctly before whatever changes were introduced.

And as pointed out, browsers with no blocking are being detected as having them, whilst those that do are being allowed.

The prompt that comes up is from the site itself, not elsewhere.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

That is incorrect.

The same browsers were working correctly before whatever changes were introduced.

And as pointed out, browsers with no blocking are being detected as having them, whilst those that do are being allowed.

The prompt that comes up is from the site itself, not elsewhere.
          I use 3 ad blockers with Chrome Dev.... One is a hosts file of 1MB of custom hand selected blocked sites. Another is a 38MB combined of 5 hosted sties blocker unbeloved hosts, and finally a ad blocker that scans and blocks internal links, scripts, and other services built in to apps. Which does not bring up any issues with my daily usage of various sites, even Russian ones with crapcha. In fact I can download from bypassed crapcha nested links.

The only site I have a notice from is Apk mirror. If I don't quickly touch download button within a few seconds, when it pops up, I get the pesky orange cat to keep me delayed.
          Last edited by X92-2GB; 09-18-2018, 02:15. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

Hello,

So yes we use an AD Blocker detection.
            Also I tested it right now with Opera and when I enable the Ad Blocker Plugin I get the Warning.
            But when I add the Freaktab to the Whitelist of the Ad Blocker Plugin of Opera it Works.
            So I see no Problem with it right now.
            I did not know that some Providers add AD Blockers to there Routers.
            Let´s see to find a Solution.
            Also an Donation Button nice Idea but it will not Work.
            The Money we make with Advertising is not that much and it is mostly for the Server Cost Software Domain Name etc.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
            X