SMS/MMS app needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMS/MMS app needed

I've searched the market and downloaded numerous apps to test. I need an app that will allow me to send and RECEIVE SMS and MMS (picture) messages on the Nextbook 7 without the other person having to have the same app installed on their device. I have found several that will allow me to send SMS like this. I have found several that will allow me to send MMS. However, I have yet to find an app that will allow me to receive MMS to my tablet. Any suggestions?

I don't know why Google Voice does not have this feature when Google Talk does, however to send MMS with Google Talk both users must be using Google Talk. I know the Nextbook isn't a phone, but if it lets me send SMS & MMS through Wi-Fi with a phone number, why can't I receive MMS?

I'm missing out on a lot of boob pics because of this.

Tried Text+ (text plus) ?

Comment

Just checked and I can attach and receive pix on my Kindle Fire with Text+

Don't know about yours but it works for me.

Comment

Thanks. I've tried Text+, but unless the sender is also using Text+ I can't receive MMS messages. I can send MMS/SMS messages. SMS messages work fine. I also don't like the fact the give you a phone number that is not even related to the area code you may live in.

Comment

I ended up just using Google Voice. I can send/receive SMS. To get MMS I just had to adjust my Google Voice settings online so any pics were forwarded to my gmail.

Comment

Working...
          X