Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Seen an Android TV Box Type-C Output to Play on Type-C input Monitor? (Not HDMI input)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Seen an Android TV Box Type-C Output to Play on Type-C input Monitor? (Not HDMI input)

Hi,

Anyone Seen an Android TV Box Type-C Output to Play on Type-C input Monitor?

I am not talking about playing on HDMI input monitors. There are many Type-C to HDMI adapters for playing phones/tablets on HDMI monitors.

Do the Type-C port on the few new Android TV Boxes play on new generation monitors via the monitor's Type-C input?
    Or are the Type-C outputs on new TV Boxes only for transfer/power etc? But not as Display output?

Have you a TV Box with Type-C output and successfully played to a monitor using the monitor Type-C input (not HDMI input) yourself or by a friend?

Have you seen anyhwere online where a Type-C Android TV Box is playing to monitor via Monitor's Type-C input (not HDMI input)?

I searched online but all I could find was Type-C (from phone/tablets) playing to monitors HDMI input via adapters/cables. Not Android TV Box Type-C output to mointor's Type-C input!
    If you have seen a link online, please post so we can see too.

WHY THIS QUESTION MATTERS?

i) Type-C seems to take over in future for ports on many devices for data transfer/power/ethernet/display/etc. etc.
    There are monitors/TVs coming out which only have Type-C input and no HDMI input port!

ii) I am thinking of buying a monitor which only has Type-C input, no hdmi. So I want to see if I can play to it with a new generation Android TV box which has Type-C port.

So:

1) If you have personal experience or knowledge or seen a link online about Type-C Android TV Box to Type-C Monitor input display, please let us know.

2) Also if you know for sure if the few Android TV Boxes with Type-C port can output display via that port or if it is just for data transfer?
    I can speculate myself but specualtion is just that, specially with these Chinese Android TV Boxes.

Thanks.

OK I did some more research.

1) Apparently most USB Type-C on the few newer Android TV boxes mainly do data transfer, not display and possibly might not do other tasks like ethernet etc.
    The kind of Type-C that does everything (data/power/display/ethernet etc) is called FULL SPEC Type-C. This seems to be missing on the few newer Android Boxes that have Type-C.
    I could be wrong so if you find any that does transfer display to monitor through Type-C, let us know.

2) I did find one box that does channel display through Type-C port, ie it is Full Spec Type-C, though. This means I can buy the Type-C port only monitor. This will be a trend as Full Spec type-C is future for most ports, as we see on new ultrabook PCs etc. What this means is also that the Android TV Box can be used as a dual moniotr, one monitor through Type-C and the other through HDMI. Of course Type-C can mean more than 2 displays on modern expensive laptips etc but I think dual monitor it the max on Android TV Boxes coimng out as full spec type-c. So on one monitor I can watch iptv and on the other work/browse/office etc. with a BT keyboard like I work on my chroembook. But maybe with the full spec type-C these coimng TV Boxes can have more than 2 monitors? That would be cool, also good for presentations etc. Time will show.

3) One more query i had is also still unanswered. there are many type-c 2 hdmi adapters/cables as we see phones/tablets displaying to hdmi monitors/TVs via their type-c port.
    Q: can this link be used the other way round?
    i.e. Can an Android TV Box with hdmi out port be hooked up to a type-C port on a monitor and display hdmi2Type-C ?
    Are any of these Type-C2hdmi adapters/dongles/cables working both ways, or just one way?
    If any of them works both ways, then any hdmi port TV box can be displayed through the Type-C input port of a monitor.
    If this is possible, I do not need to buy an expensive new TV Box which has full spec type-C to work with the monitor I intend to buy which only has Type-C input port and no hdmi port.

Full-Featured (full spec) USB 3.1 Type-C
    Last edited by the1; 10-01-2018, 02:20.

Comment

I do own a tabled that supports MHL:

but never used it

I do remember beelink s2 windows based TV box supporting dual monitor using usb-c port

cheers

Comment

Working...
      X