This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi problem on TV box

Hi..i just purchased mecool m8s pro+ (Android TV OS voice control)
    when i connect to WiFi ... While having my router fairly closer to the box ( i get excellent or good signal strength)...i get a really slow speed...
    But all my devices get a perfect speed in the same area...
    Also when i use apps like netshare and tether the same network on my phone and use it as hotspot for the box i get a perfect speed ..
    Any help ???

So, you got two boxes that get bad wifi? I guess they need their firmware updated then.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpayne_12 View Post
      when i connect to WiFi ... While having my router fairly closer to the box ( i get excellent or good signal strength)...i get a really slow speed...
      Also when i use apps like netshare and tether the same network on my phone and use it as hotspot for the box i get a perfect speed ..
      Any help ???
      Hi ,

first , please make no double Threads with the same Problem , i shall delete the one

you made in "Gearbest" Section , because until now noboby answered , looks like you

need a new Rom , for sure no external Antenna , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Sorry i opened 2 threads...i am new here ..
        i just updated my box but the problem is still there ...

Comment

Sorry i opened 2 threads...i am new here ..
          i just updated my box but the problem is still there ...
          Advanced router settings may correct the issue. Not knowing your router, band and channel settings.

Example... Athos and Ralink wifi cards work very well across multi platform and mixed environments, but Broadcom is not so easy. I had great signal strength, top connection speed, yet could only obtain 25mbps at best. Because my router's default worked well and able to get 150mbps download speeds with wifi on any device not using broadcom wireless cards. Had to change from auto channel edge detection to manual detection of lower edge level, as there was less overlap by nearby channels. Plus I had to fast my channel down from 11 to 8, so my signal floor was no higher than 75db, which allowed my download speeds of g band to achieve 65mbps.

You won't know how bad your congestion is until you wifi analyse your network, and make changes accordingly.

Comment

Any help ???
            Try to use a different channel on your router for wifi, one under channel 11, since some tv boxes have trouble connecting to channel 11-13.

Comment

Changing the channel.. Doesn't really help...i don't know what's wrong with this thing..
              i am using a tp link router...

Comment

Like I said, It's more than just changing a channel. You need to analyse your wifi and post your results, even better contact your router support about it. The broadcom chip these things have don't play well with all routers. I bet there Is an advanced feature that needs to be set on your router.

Comment

Well ..i dont know what the problem was..but i started using a lan cable..works perfectly..
                  thanks for your opinions guys..

Comment

Working...
                  X