Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't change ethernet DHCP to Static - Network connections gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change ethernet DHCP to Static - Network connections gone.

I have a T8X-S box, recently I had firmware problems, which meant a new install of firmware. ( GST8 1.0 1-230317 ), this got the machine going again, but unfortunately the network connections, which enabled me to change settings on the Ethernet connection from DHCP to Static. Have gone.I need this to change my DNS , to enable me to watch U.K. streams in Portugal. If I connect via WiFi, I can perform this action - no problem. My WiFi connection is not brilliant, so is unstable, I really need the ability to connect by Ethernet, this I can do,but can't change from DHCP to static - therefore can't change DNS which is useless for me.
    Is there any firmware available which I can install to fix this, or App in Play Store.
    My Box Spec is : Gostreamer T8X1.0.1, Android 5.1.1 Kernel 3.14.29
    Any help much appreciated

Originally posted by bicky View Post
    I have a T8X-S box, recently I had firmware problems, which meant a new install of firmware. ( GST8 1.0 1-230317 ), this got the machine going again, but unfortunately the network connections, which enabled me to change settings on the Ethernet connection from DHCP to Static. Have gone.I need this to change my DNS , to enable me to watch U.K. streams in Portugal. If I connect via WiFi, I can perform this action - no problem. My WiFi connection is not brilliant, so is unstable, I really need the ability to connect by Ethernet, this I can do,but can't change from DHCP to static - therefore can't change DNS which is useless for me.
    Is there any firmware available which I can install to fix this, or App in Play Store.
    My Box Spec is : Gostreamer T8X1.0.1, Android 5.1.1 Kernel 3.14.29
    Any help much appreciated
    Hi ,

no Pro in that , but maybe a build.prob Mod can handle this , use big G for that ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

no Pro in that , but maybe a build.prob Mod can handle this , use big G for that ,

good luck / gefattern
      Sorry but don't understand your reply - what is no pro, Build prob Mod and bigG

Comment

Hi ,

No Pro , means no professional , big G is Google ,

the bulid.prob is a File of the system where you can

change & add different values , only with "root"

gefattern

Comment

Hi - thank's. Guess it will have to be Wireless and the DNS change, and or Ethernet with a VPN that gets thr'o the U.K. broadcasters checks !!!.

Comment

Hi there - problem resolved - used this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erd.dnschanger DNS Changer IPV6 - very easy to use, and works just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X