Firmware to my Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware to my Flash

I got a Firmware to flash or something like that from the Company Easytone. I have hard time to understand it. It mentions something about an SD card but I don't see the typical card just the letters TF on the side can you explain what TF stands for. Also if I try to flash my TV box can I undo it if I make a mistake. I have Android 8.1.
    Thanks

Welcome to Freaktab.

TF stands for TransFlash. The term is usually interchangeable with the term MicroSD. Transflash(TF) shown on the card slot of these boxes usually same as MicroSD.

Comment

Thanks. That makes more sense. I have T9 TV Box.

Comment

Now I was watching YouTube Videos and some shows you can use a USB cable from your computer to the box
        Also it shows that you have to press the reset button. On my instructions I got from the manufacturer it doesn't say to press the reset button. So can I use an USB cable to do the Upgrade and do I have to press the reset button?
        Thanks

Sent from my LG-M470 using Tapatalk

Comment

Send the instructions you were given by the manufacturer, I'll have a look.

Generally there are two common methods to update, though other methods exist. In no particular order, they are...

1.) OTA(Over-The-Air)/SD card update. The updated firmware will use a file named something like update.zip(stored in a directory on the box's storage or an SD card). The update will be initiated and/or carried out from the device itself, via an Update app or the box's recovery function.

2.) Using a USB cable and a Windows or Linux PC and a program provided by the box's CPU maker(i.e. AMLogic, Rockchip, Allwinner, etc.). Some examples are, the AMLogic USB Burning Tool, and the Rockchip AndroidTool. These programs will use one of the PC's USB ports to connect to the Android TV box by a USB male -to-USB male cable.

Note: A firmware file used to update when the PC-over-USB cable method is used, is not generally the same file used for updating with the OTA/SD card method. It is very important to know which method the update file is for.

Comment

Hi Thanks. This is why they sent me with the SD Firmware tool exe.

Comment

Part of 2.2 I don't understand where it says this.
              then click Start Make, wait a moment SD Starup Disk ready.

Comment

I have not used this method to update my Rockchip devices. Have a look at the link in this post(post #2). There is a guide there. If it does not help, let me know.

If the tool's language is in Chinese, and you prefer English, you can change it to English by editing the config.ini file inside the folder containing the tool.The config.ini file can be edited with a text editor like WordPad in Windows. Might help to understand the tool's buttons easier. :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	config-ini.PNG Views:	1 Size:	13.3 KB ID:	749163

Click image for larger version  Name:	edit-config-ini.PNG Views:	1 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	749164

After editing config.ini, tool looks like below image. In step 2.2, "then click Start Make, wait a moment." refers to the "Create" button. Tools progress indicator will show when the tool is finished.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	post-edit-config-ini.PNG Views:	1 Size:	10.0 KB ID:	749165

Last edited by RISCy Dude; 10-22-2018, 06:47.

Comment

Thank You that helps a lot. I might not have time to do it today because I am very busy today but as soon as I buy a Micro SD card and have time I will. Did you have to reset the box with a toothpick? I just the found the manual that says so but their instruction they emailed me doesn't mentioned it. It make so much more sense now.

Comment

I don't have the T9, and I don't usually update my Rockchip boxes using this method. I am uncertain about the toothpick as it relates to the T9. However, it is common to have to press a switch to put a box in to update mode. Often these are behind small holes in the case and require a toothpick or other small diameter tool.

If you try it without the toothpick and it does not work, find the location of the reset button on your T9 and give it a try.

Let us know how you progress once you get the card.

Comment

Thanks may try it without the tooth pick. The reset button suppose to be inside AV hole.
                      Will update you when I tried it.
                      Thanks so much. Just bought it last week.

Comment

Yes, that is a fairly common location.
                        Good luck.

Comment

Well I can't get it to load up. I open the email from Easytone from my Laptop with the firmware Also tried to convert from chinese to english but it looks look like the number is already 2. I have a Micros SD Card.
                          File Type not Supported is what I also see. Do I need a special file to open this up as it says File type not Supported?
                          Thanks for all your help

Comment

What OS is on your Laptop?

Comment

I have Windows 10. Should I be downloading burning tool or something? It won't recognize the exe file
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X