Hyundai a7 --- dev needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyundai a7 --- dev needed!

any intrest in making a thread on allwinner tablets? specifically the hyundai a7?
    this is a prerooted tablet loaded with ics and lots of potential.

i love finlessbobs and dochoppys work on the np7 and was hoping someone here may
    be interested in working on this a bit. i more than willing to do some tests?

For now check the Polaroid forum.. We are working on a allwinner tab now. Still learning the how tools.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by demkantor View Post
      any intrest in making a thread on allwinner tablets? specifically the hyundai a7?
      this is a prerooted tablet loaded with ics and lots of potential.

i love finlessbobs and dochoppys work on the np7 and was hoping someone here may
      be interested in working on this a bit. i more than willing to do some tests?
      Wow i did'nt even know Hyundai made a tablet, cool, how does it work thought? If i buy a new car do i get a free tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
        Wow i did'nt even know Hyundai made a tablet, cool, how does it work thought? If i buy a new car do i get a free tablet?
        Sorry about that i couldnt resist!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonycar9 View Post
          Sorry about that i couldnt resist!
          and yamaha makes musical instruments, mitsubishis got their own line of tvs.
          we are so monolithic in the us!

anyhow the tablet is pretty decent, needs improvements - i found a guy on flashmyandroid.com who made a custom rom for it and im downloading it now.
          lots o potential here but the np7 so far is the superior machine (only other tab i own) thanks to finlessbob and dochoppy

Comment

first custom rom!

this is a custom rom made by steev @ flashmyandroid --- its based off the latest firmware from the manufacturer. its not much but it has full gapps, busybox and superuser. took out the chineese stuff, added a few apps. fixed the gps. and a few other things i forget off hand. havent found a flaw with it yet!

Comment

more battery life!

i decided to break into my A7 and see what makes it tick. i get ok battery life with this but after opening it up i found there is lots of room for a bigger battery!
              if anyone knows of a good battery (cheap!) i would love to test this out.

here is a link to my thread on xda, i have some pictures of the insides if anyone wants to see

ok, so i just got this in the mail today (110 bucks on ebay) and i like and i dont like. i have a rooted nextbook premium 7 (thanks dochoppy!) and i love the np7 for the price. someone steered me toward the A7 and i was feeling a bit rich that...

Comment

Originally posted by demkantor View Post
                i decided to break into my A7 and see what makes it tick. i get ok battery life with this but after opening it up i found there is lots of room for a bigger battery!
                if anyone knows of a good battery (cheap!) i would love to test this out.

here is a link to my thread on xda, i have some pictures of the insides if anyone wants to see

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post24867256
                I would be careful adding bigger battery as your whole system is designed around the battery you have even down to the charger

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
                Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
                <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
                <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
                <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
                https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
                </form>

Comment

These tablets have what are called Lipo batteries (Lithium Polymer). I happen to know quite a bit about them as they are used heavily in my other hobby RC Helicopters. You can increase the capacity of the batteries in your tab. Yes it will take longer to charge but the charger will not know the difference so no issue there.

Find a local RC hobby shop that caters to electric helis or airplanes. You should be able to find a good selection of lipo baatteries. If you do not want to spend the time tearing apart multi cell packs, try to get single cell packs. Just get a larger MA rating (capacity). Do go the extra money on "high discharge" packs as you do not need a high dischare rate for a tablet. Also lower discharge rate packs will be thinner cells.

Yes looks like you have lots of room to add larger lipo cells to that tab.

Bob

Comment

hey thanks for the tip!
                    any idea of cost here? id like to find a battery under 30 if possible, and one
                    that can be purchased from multiple vendors so i can link a part number or
                    something to that effect online. in case anyone else wants to try.

ill be searching for a new one over the next week or so and leave my findings here

Comment

You may be able to find single cells for well under $30. I have no part numbers. Just find a RC hobby store and see what they have. A google search of lipo should give you all kinds of hits as well.

Bob

Comment

Working...