A95X R2 Firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95X R2 Firmware?

Hi there, I have had the A95X R2 from Gearbest for a while and I was curious what the latest firmware is and what I need to install it to the android box? Also will this help speed it up at all? I usually watch Twitch steamers and for some reason 1080p @ 60fps is choppy. If I watch it with SPMC it's usually fine. I thought this was one of the faster boxes out there? I have the 2gig memory version. Thanks! Any help will be much appreciated!

Originally posted by Justin Mainemer View Post
    Hi there, I have had the A95X R2 from Gearbest for a while and I was curious what the latest firmware is and what I need to install it to the android box? Also will this help speed it up at all? I usually watch Twitch steamers and for some reason 1080p @ 60fps is choppy. If I watch it with SPMC it's usually fine. I thought this was one of the faster boxes out there? I have the 2gig memory version. Thanks! Any help will be much appreciated!
    Hi ,

one of the fastest Boxes out there , really a nice Joke , first we must know what CPU is used ,

sound like Rockchip , but which , if you can post the BuildNr. of your Rom , then it is easier to

handle , is it RK3228 or RK3229 please find out , so we can move it to the right Section ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Oh. Well clearly i was misinformed lol. Could you direct me to some powerful boxes that could handle 4k 60fps with no issues? Just a couple different models if thats ok? Sorry i thought this one was going to be pretty decent. Thanks

Comment

Number 1 rule, (and I am sure I will get some flack) stay away from Rockchip..... Most of your modern devices will play video at 4k 60fps. However, if you are an audio and video aficionado, then most likely, you will want a device that can dual boot into either LibrELEC or CoreELEC.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Number 1 rule, (and I am sure I will get some flack) stay away from Rockchip..... Most of your modern devices will play video at 4k 60fps. However, if you are an audio and video aficionado, then most likely, you will want a device that can dual boot into either LibrELEC or CoreELEC.
          Im more video but sound would be fine too. I honestly thought from google searching this could handle a 1080p twitch app. Now what are the benefits of dual boot and what are LibrElec and CoreElec? Im computer savvy but not android box savvy. Sorry for all the questions. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Specs on my box are the following:

Core: Quad Core
            CPU: ARM Cortex-A53
            GPU: Mali-450
            Model: A95X R2
            RAM Type: DDR3
            System: Android 7.1
            Type: TV Box
            Processor: Amlogic S905W

2gigs ram and 16gig rom.

Comment

Specs on my box are the following:

Core: Quad Core
              CPU: ARM Cortex-A53
              GPU: Mali-450
              Model: A95X R2
              RAM Type: DDR3
              System: Android 7.1
              Type: TV Box
              Processor: Amlogic S905W

2gigs ram and 16gig rom.
              The information I find about the A95X R2 , says it has a Rockchip 3328 SoC. But you say it has an Amlogic S905W SoC. Can you post a link that shows your exact box???

Is this your device??

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

The information I find about the A95X R2 , says it has a Rockchip 3328 SoC. But you say it has an Amlogic S905W SoC. Can you post a link that shows your exact box???

Is this your device??

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini...?lkid=10813882
                Mine is this. Looks the same too lol.

i checked hardware in sptv or kodi says amlogic too.

Comment

https://m.gearbest.com/goods/pp_0091...m_campaign=ord

Hi ,

normal it must be a RK Box , because of R2 , but the Companys dont care about that , of course your Box

must handle 4K without Problems , most the Roms are full of Bugs , if you really have a AML 905W , then

you can try the Rom of Nayam Amarshe for 905W , to find here on FT , further good luck with your Box ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Read the information from this link........
                    Can you look at the CPU on the motherboard and see what it says on it because there is 2 revisions of this device and I fear you may have bought the Rockchip version instead of the Amlogic version.

Install this app >> aida64 << and run it. It should tell you the hardware of your device, Rockchip or Amlogic. If Amlogic, there are LibreELEC and CoreELEC ports for that device, but NOT for a Rockchip device.

Comment

Read the information from this link........
                      Can you look at the CPU on the motherboard and see what it says on it because there is 2 revisions of this device and I fear you may have bought the Rockchip version instead of the Amlogic version.

Install this app >> aida64 << and run it. It should tell you the hardware of your device, Rockchip or Amlogic. If Amlogic, there are LibreELEC and CoreELEC ports for that device, but NOT for a Rockchip device.
                      Ok thanks. Otherwise, in your opinion, what would be a good box to get if money isn't too much of an issue? Something android based. What is the fastest chip or brand/model out there now?

Comment

Ok thanks. Otherwise, in your opinion, what would be a good box to get if money isn't too much of an issue? Something android based. What is the fastest chip or brand/model out there now?
                        Everyone say that the Nvida Shield it the best Android box, bar none.........

Comment

Everyone say that the Nvida Shield it the best Android box, bar none.........
                          Ok, cool, thanks again for the advise

Comment

Working...
                          X