Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T9 non alphawise to run base Android TV OS help

Hi folks,
    Brand new here - purchased a T9 RK 3328 - already tried flashing, failed and then found the right firmware for it and reflashed - working fine now but still horrible UI.

I'm a little confused (and there is SO much info on here, wondering if someone could point me in the right direction).

I'm trying to run the base Android TV OS (without the annoying custom UI over the top) - mostly so its the same as the other device I have (WAF).

The box came running 8.1 and the UI now is a little different, but still this custom locked UI.
    This box has more power than the say Xiaomi Mi S box - but curious as to why there is a custom UI (vs using the stock android OS)?

If I wanted the stock Android TV OS do I need to be customizing firmware? If possible i'd prefer to avoid, but i have an .img file I can work from (and I guess include some included .apk )

I'm not a developer, but can code a little and know my way around linux/windows etc. just need a little noob point in the right direction if possible.
Working...
X