Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experts opinion on what tvbox to buy

Hi,

I'm about to buy my fourth android tvbox but this time I need a good one. The last four boxes have been from the lower budget segment like the mecool m8s pro w. They all have had issues in one or the other way, either hardware or not so well working roms. The best one I've had is the Minix neo x8h plus but that one has broken so I'm looking for a replacement but not as expensive.

What tvbox do you recommend I buy with the limitations below:
    • Max cost 100$
    • Amlogic 912 or equal
    • Android TV
    • Stable stock rom or custom romrom
    Of all the china manufacturers, is there some that are better than others? I'm thinking that some maybe makes better/stable stock roms?

Can a Z83V Intel box become a good tvbox? Pros and cons?

I have my eyes on Beelink GT 1 ultimate and Mecool m8s plus L. Are they any good? I had som bad luck with the m8s pro w that reboots every 2-3 minutes when watching movies so I'm not very impressed with mecool right now.

Regards,
    Fredrik
    Last edited by Fredrik; 12-16-2018, 11:24.
    MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
    Hi,

I'm about to buy my fourth android tvbox but this time I need a good one. The last four boxes have been from the lower budget segment like the mecool m8s pro w. They all have had issues in one or the other way, either hardware or not so well working roms. The best one I've had is the Minix neo x8h plus but that one has broken so I'm looking for a replacement but not as expensive.

What tvbox do you recommend I buy with the limitations below:
    • Max cost 100$
    • Amlogic 912 or equal
    • Android TV
    • Stable stock rom or custom romrom
    Of all the china manufacturers, is there some that are better than others? I'm thinking that some maybe makes better/stable stock roms?

Can a Z83V Intel box become a good tvbox? Pros and cons?

I have my eyes on Beelink GT 1 ultimate and Mecool m8s plus L. Are they any good? I had som bad luck with the m8s pro w that reboots every 2-3 minutes when watching movies so I'm not very impressed with mecool right now.

Regards,
    Fredrik
    Hi ,

if you want to be on the save side , buy a Shield , little bit more Money , but for sure

no Problems with bad Roms , but what are your needs ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi,

I have been looking at the Nvidia shield but they are a bit expensive. My needs is a fluent atv gui, play streams like Netflix in full hd with no lag, play big hd konsert files with dts-hd or dolby digital hd files from network nas with passthrough audio. In short, I want to be able to play the most resource consuming full hd movies/conserts with no lag.

Regards,
      Fredrik
      MK809III RK3188-T AP6210 running Neomode 3.1

Comment

Originally posted by Fredrik View Post
        Hi,

I have been looking at the Nvidia shield but they are a bit expensive. My needs is a fluent atv gui, play streams like Netflix in full hd with no lag, play big hd konsert files with dts-hd or dolby digital hd files from network nas with passthrough audio. In short, I want to be able to play the most resource consuming full hd movies/conserts with no lag.

Regards,
        Fredrik
        Hi ,

to expensive , but it is a good choice , for Netfilx you need DRM L1 , most Boxes do not have this ,

Mecool well , about DTS / DD HD , i did not even know that they all can handle this , only hope you

can find what you want , ??? does Mecool use it legal (L1) ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X