Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Chinese Tablets;

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question: Chinese Tablets;

    At the present I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1, i'm looking to buy a new tab, one from the chinese, "pipo,cube, esc; but i would like to know, First; the best place, and is there a place that will "walk" you through the steps to "root and change out the rom" also does, changeing the "rom" get rid of all of the "chinese lang," I live in canada and I have looked at a lot of stores on line and have read here and other fourms and it seams that most not all web based shops can not be trusted to send you what you ask for or at lest there service is verry bad, is this so...

    Thank You;

    #2
    You have plenty of choices to consider.

    Pipo and Cube seem to be the most solid Chinese tablets on the market, and the most popular here on Freaktab. These tablets have the Rockchip processors...which have more custom ROM's available. When it comes down between the two brands, I would just consider the best deal. Also, you should consider the screen size. Pipo seems to have a larger range of screen sizes from the M7 Pro (8.7") up to the M6 Pro (9.7"). I really enjoy my M7 Pro, but I'm also quite happy with my M8 Pro (9.4")...which is in between. If you like the 10.1" format, the M9 Pro is a good choice. Those are all the latest models with RK3188 quad core processors. Many of the users of the tablets I don't own report they are very satisfied, overall.

    There's also Vido/Yuandao...which puts out a decent product, but they don't supply as many updates.

    I'm the DEV for the Pipo tablets, so I'm just a little biased, though. 900Supersport does an amazing job with his Cube ROM's.

    I'm not experienced with the Allwinner and AMlogic based tablets. But there are some good ones of those, too. Elektrik is our Polaroid guy.

    As for the selection of custom ROM's available...just look at the threads here on Freaktab...listed by brand name. If you get a tablet with a Rockchip processor that doesn't have a custom ROM, you are welcome to request one.

    As for a place to buy...you might check out the Geekbuying.com site...I've had a lot of success with them. I would advise paying extra for the DHL shipping...otherwise, you might have to wait weeks to get it. Generally, we hold our sponsors to pretty high standards, so if you see an add here, rest assured you will have a higher chance of having a good experience. Yes, from time to time, the vocal few who have a bad experience will shout on the threads...but put those comments into perspective. We are all human.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      You have plenty of choices to consider.

      Pipo and Cube seem to be the most solid Chinese tablets on the market, and the most popular here on Freaktab. These tablets have the Rockchip processors...which have more custom ROM's available. When it comes down between the two brands, I would just consider the best deal. Also, you should consider the screen size. Pipo seems to have a larger range of screen sizes from the M7 Pro (8.7") up to the M6 Pro (9.7"). I really enjoy my M7 Pro, but I'm also quite happy with my M8 Pro (9.4")...which is in between. If you like the 10.1" format, the M9 Pro is a good choice. Those are all the latest models with RK3188 quad core processors. Many of the users of the tablets I don't own report they are very satisfied, overall.

      There's also Vido/Yuandao...which puts out a decent product, but they don't supply as many updates.

      I'm the DEV for the Pipo tablets, so I'm just a little biased, though. 900Supersport does an amazing job with his Cube ROM's.

      I'm not experienced with the Allwinner and AMlogic based tablets. But there are some good ones of those, too. Elektrik is our Polaroid guy.

      As for the selection of custom ROM's available...just look at the threads here on Freaktab...listed by brand name. If you get a tablet with a Rockchip processor that doesn't have a custom ROM, you are welcome to request one.

      As for a place to buy...you might check out the Geekbuying.com site...I've had a lot of success with them. I would advise paying extra for the DHL shipping...otherwise, you might have to wait weeks to get it. Generally, we hold our sponsors to pretty high standards, so if you see an add here, rest assured you will have a higher chance of having a good experience. Yes, from time to time, the vocal few who have a bad experience will shout on the threads...but put those comments into perspective. We are all human.
      Thank You;
      I've looked at both PiPo and Cube, they seamed to be what I would like to buy, but my Question is, do the suplyed Roms (yours and others) give me "English" through out the tab or just part of it. I like to know what I am doing when I click on something, also is there a place to go, that will give me "Step by Stept" instructions on how to "Root" and install" on theis type Tablets, I have installed and rooted my tab serval times now, are theis tab the same or different....

      Comment


        #4
        Both of us change the default language to English in all of our ROM's.

        There is plenty of information about installation instructions both on Freaktab and within each ROM kit.

        Each ROM comes with a detailed tutorial in both the readme file and a First Time User's Guide.

        The difficult part is installing the Rockchip drivers on your Windows system. You have to be very careful and follow the instructions in the First Time User's Guide carefully. You can download one of my ROM kits to extract it and plan before you actually get your tablet. This is a very important step.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

        Comment


          #5
          Understanding ROM rReplacement

          Originally posted by ghforlife View Post
          Thank You;
          I've looked at both PiPo and Cube, they seamed to be what I would like to buy, but my Question is, do the suplyed Roms (yours and others) give me "English" through out the tab or just part of it. I like to know what I am doing when I click on something, also is there a place to go, that will give me "Step by Stept" instructions on how to "Root" and install" on theis type Tablets, I have installed and rooted my tab serval times now, are theis tab the same or different....

          I researched extensively a month ago..I chose with Pipo M9 Pro...RileyROMs are awesome and easy and it is all in English and works better than the Acer A500 I use to own by far.

          To understand what to do to install the ROM, please download right now the 1.7a PIPO M9 Pro Rom from this site and read the readme file...It is awesome and reads like a step by step of everything you do to install it! It makes your tablet rooted for any Apps you use that trequire root and brings the whole Tablet to be stars above a Samsung Galaxy Tab at less than half the price.

          JMHO

          Comment


            #6
            I thank both, Randy and JMHO for your info., I will be buying a new tab later on, wher it be pipo or cube time will tell, right now i'll keep on reading and see.
            Pipo does look good, it comes down to a good place to buy it, i'm still kind of leary of the web shops, I need to read more about them and find out which one's you guy's order from and have the less trouble with, now don't get me wrong, Wal-mart gives us trouble also. As far as Web Shops goes, they all screw-up a lot these days......

            Comment


              #7
              hello, if you want to buy pipo tablet, I suggest you go to pipomall, their service is very good, quality is guaranteed

              Comment


                #8
                Try a vendor at AliExpress.com

                I got my PIPO M6 Pro(Q977) from a Hong Kong dealer and the M9 Pro(Q107) from a mainland vendor at AliExpress.com for a LOWER PRICE plus case.

                Be prepared for a three plus week wait for your tablet to clear PRC Customs. Good vendors include shipping and you can track its movement through registered mail.

                Both the M6 and M9 have some of the "best specs" for its price range. PIPO updates their ROM and RRileyPM "makes it BETTER!". The Riley ROM is a "clean" Android build with SU access. After the ROM "update" you can finally change Time-Zones. I have yet to encounter an installation issue or problems running a updated APP from the GooglePlay Store. 2GB RAM and 16GB plus NAND storage will remedy most of "those issues".


                Hope you enjoy your PIPO.
                SUPPORT RRILEYPM!

                Sam

                PiPo M6 Max/Pro
                PiPo M9 Pro


                Comment


                  #9
                  Just let you guy's know I went with the "Cube U30GT 2", it seamed to be the best for me at this time. I'll be talking to"900SuperSport", to find out which "Rom" to use on this Tab, I bought the Tab through Cube it self at what I thank is a good price, (256 can.), this tab though comes with 4.1 not the 4.2 android, i hope they will, upgrade it for me but if they don't that's alright too, anyway I'll post back and let all of you know later when it comes in.....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    That's a great tablet. I had one for a while, but gave it away to my brother-in-law as barter for helping me do some remodeling to the house.

                    900Supersport's latest ROM is 4.2.2 with all of the bells and whistles. I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!!!!!!!
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      That's a great tablet. I had one for a while, but gave it away to my brother-in-law as barter for helping me do some remodeling to the house.

                      900Supersport's latest ROM is 4.2.2 with all of the bells and whistles. I'm sure you will enjoy it!!!!!!!!!
                      A question, with using my "samsung tab 2", I used different "rom's", from different people, can I use,say; your rom on this tab or just the one's for the Cube, pipo has the RK3188 and so does the Cube are they the same or different......

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Cube and Pipo ROM's are tailored to the Rockchip architecture and can't be run on anything but a Rockchip device...and to make that even more complicated...each ROM is tailored to a specific device. That's why you find a different ROM for every device listed on Freaktab. Tablets are even more complicated than TV sticks because you have batteries and touch screens to add to wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, USB devices...and it goes on and on.......

                        Unlike Windows or Linux which can run on multiple different devices and recognize the drivers for the build-in components...Android has to have the specific settings for all of the hardware. I don't know why the designers of Android started it that way...but it is what it is.

                        Samsung uses an entirely different architecture and if you put the two ROM's together, they don't even resemble one another...the way they are organized.

                        I hope that answers you question.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          Cube and Pipo ROM's are tailored to the Rockchip architecture and can't be run on anything but a Rockchip device...and to make that even more complicated...each ROM is tailored to a specific device. That's why you find a different ROM for every device listed on Freaktab. Tablets are even more complicated than TV sticks because you have batteries and touch screens to add to wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, USB devices...and it goes on and on.......

                          Unlike Windows or Linux which can run on multiple different devices and recognize the drivers for the build-in components...Android has to have the specific settings for all of the hardware. I don't know why the designers of Android started it that way...but it is what it is.

                          Samsung uses an entirely different architecture and if you put the two ROM's together, they don't even resemble one another...the way they are organized.

                          I hope that answers you question.
                          Yes it does, so cube rom it is, i'll post my finding when i'm through with installing and rooting, i just hope i'm up to it, let you know......

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ok,
                            It's back to the drawing broad, the Cube U30GT 2 that I was buying I am not, the vendor ran out and it will take awhile to get one in, so i'm off to look at the "pipo" to see if it's in stock ...sorry "900supersport"....

                            Comment


                              #15
                              There are many cheap and best tablets.

                              Shopping online in trade32.com, There are many cheap and best tablets.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X