Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z4 Rom with CEC and NO Overheating Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z4 Rom with CEC and NO Overheating Issues?

Hello,,,,This is my first post and have been doing alot of reading as well as Z4 Rom firmware updating for my rk3368 android tv box. I was curious if anyone has a good working firmware update for my Z4 octacore android tv box that is running smoothly with working cec and no overheating issues? If so please direct me what rom I should load.

Thanks!

Originally posted by aries4462 View Post
    Hello,,,,This is my first post and have been doing alot of reading as well as Z4 Rom firmware updating for my rk3368 android tv box. I was curious if anyone has a good working firmware update for my Z4 octacore android tv box that is running smoothly with working cec and no overheating issues? If so please direct me what rom I should load.

Thanks!
    Hi ,

did you try the Rom of User "cOOLio" for your Box , that is the only CustomRom for Z4

that i know , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you try the Rom of User "cOOLio" for your Box , that is the only CustomRom for Z4

that i know , good luck / gefattern
      Yes,,, I tried cOOLio's Rom for my box and liked it although I didnt see an Hdmi CEC option and also I wasnt able to click on letters with my air mouses as it stayed blank while clicking or typing a word or any letter.

I am now using Shomari's full firmware for my Z4 octacore box now but am having trouble flashing over the full fimrware with additional archives that were provided for it to run smoothly. It has been making my z4 box turn off on its own at times and also having to hold the power button down to get it to turn back on. This firmware runs fast and pretty smooth otherwise but again without hdmi cec.

Comment

Yes,,, I tried cOOLio's Rom for my box and liked it although I didnt see an Hdmi CEC option and also I wasnt able to click on letters with my air mouses as it stayed blank while clicking or typing a word or any letter.
        I am now using Shomari's full firmware for my Z4 octacore box now but am having trouble flashing over the full fimrware with additional archives that were provided for it to run smoothly. It has been making my z4 box turn off on its own at times and also having to hold the power button down to get it to turn back on. This firmware runs fast and pretty smooth otherwise but again without hdmi cec.
        Hi ,

the Problem is this RK3368 Boxes are not good supported anymore , there is a A7 Rom for RK3368 ,

already had it installed on my UT4 , it was for the V99Hero , u can find it here too , but no Wifi , maybe

it works on your Box , but not sure , please try to flash "kernel & recourse" of a working Rom ,

maybe cOOLio's ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

the Problem is this RK3368 Boxes are not good supported anymore , there is a A7 Rom for RK3368 ,

already had it installed on my UT4 , it was for the V99Hero , u can find it here too , but no Wifi , maybe

it works on your Box , but not sure , please try to flash "kernel & recourse" of a working Rom ,

maybe cOOLio's ,

good luck / gefattern

Thanks for your help gefattern.....I been doing quite a bit a reading trying not to have to ask questions but I think that my problem is trying to load kernel/resource .img after I load the rom using Rockchip Batch Tool. I am unable to load the kernel/ resource .img using Rockchip Batch Tool as it keeps giving me the error message when trying to load them.

Am I not suppose to use Rockchip Batch Tool software to flash kernel/resource on top of the rom firmware? If not what software should I use to flash the kernel/resource? A how too would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for your help gefattern.....I been doing quite a bit a reading trying not to have to ask questions but I think that my problem is trying to load kernel/resource .img after I load the rom using Rockchip Batch Tool. I am unable to load the kernel/ resource .img using Rockchip Batch Tool as it keeps giving me the error message when trying to load them.

Am I not suppose to use Rockchip Batch Tool software to flash kernel/resource on top of the rom firmware? If not what software should I use to flash the kernel/resource? A how too would be greatly appreciated!
            Hi ,

for this u must use AndroidTool 2.35 (first Tab) or higher , if still any Questions ask ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

for this u must use AndroidTool 2.35 (first Tab) or higher , if still any Questions ask ,

greetings / gefattern
              Thanks .....Today I had a chance to try out Android tool 2.38....After upgrading my rom firmware successfully, I then tried to flash the kernel img after the rom frimware was istalled and I got an error message while trying to load the firmware Kernel img (loading firmware failed!) I wouldnt care too much about this but it sure would be nice to have this android box in my garage without buying a 3rd NVIDIA Shield unit as I now have two of them in two separate rooms of my house.

Comment

Thanks .....Today I had a chance to try out Android tool 2.38....After upgrading my rom firmware successfully, I then tried to flash the kernel img after the rom frimware was istalled and I got an error message while trying to load the firmware Kernel img (loading firmware failed!) I wouldnt care too much about this but it sure would be nice to have this android box in my garage without buying a 3rd NVIDIA Shield unit as I now have two of them in two separate rooms of my house.
                Hi ,

so you installed a Rom , does it run well , if , no need for changing something ,

how did you extract k&r.img from another FW , did you really all made good

with AT 2.38 , first Tab ??? , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

so you installed a Rom , does it run well , if , no need for changing something ,

how did you extract k&r.img from another FW , did you really all made good

with AT 2.38 , first Tab ??? , greetings / gefattern
                  I installed Shomari's rom for my Z4 octacore box..... While running it I see that the power turns off my z4 box by itself at times and also see that ethernet doesnt work only the wifi does. So with this rom shomari has a kernel and resource to flash on top of that rom for it to run smoothly.
                  I unzipped these files using RAR and try and load them as an img with an error message.
                  Using the AT 2.38 what do you mean by first tab??

Comment

Hi ,

okay , so the kernel & recource.img are single files , not still a full .img file , so you not first had to extract from Shomari's Rom ,

is this correct ??? , you downloaded it in rar format , correct ??? and exctracted a single k&r file ??? ,

AndroidTool 2.38 has three different Tabs for flashing , first for splitted Roms , second for full .img files , third for testing ,

you must use the first one , on the end of the kernel & recource row press mouse then you can select your file , of course

they must be checked in first row of kernel & recource , nothing else , hope you understand it , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

okay , so the kernel & recource.img are single files , not still a full .img file , so you not first had to extract from Shomari's Rom ,

is this correct ??? , you downloaded it in rar format , correct ??? and exctracted a single k&r file ??? ,

AndroidTool 2.38 has three different Tabs for flashing , first for splitted Roms , second for full .img files , third for testing ,

you must use the first one , on the end of the kernel & recource row press mouse then you can select your file , of course

they must be checked in first row of kernel & recource , nothing else , hope you understand it , good luck / gefattern
                      Thank you gefattern!.....I was able to use AndroidTool 2.38 to successfully flash kernel & resource on top of Shomari's rom and now it is running smoothly per your instructions. Thanks for all your help now I have this box upgraded and running nicely in my garage!

Happy New Year!!
                      aries4462

Comment

Thank you gefattern!.....I was able to use AndroidTool 2.38 to successfully flash kernel & resource on top of Shomari's rom and now it is running smoothly per your instructions. Thanks for all your help now I have this box upgraded and running nicely in my garage!

Happy New Year!!
                        aries4462
                        Hi ,

nice to hear , hope you now can enjoy your Garage Time much better ,

happy new Year / good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                        X