Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customizing rom, which Google apps are safe to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customizing rom, which Google apps are safe to remove?

Just got a A95X Plus Tv box and got the Amlogic customization rom tools.
    And I want to remove everything I can from the box. Is it safe to remove all Google apps like Google play?
    What are the necessary apps to keep to not break the rom?

Thank you!

Originally posted by joq3 View Post
    And I want to remove everything I can from the box. Is it safe to remove all Google apps like Google play?

Thank you!
    Hi ,

a List would be great , think u can uninstall nearly every G App , but best is to hold

Store & Gplay , for sure Browser/Calender/Calculator/WeatherApps/Chrome/ and

some more , BackgroundApps , really a List would help , you can test it , if to much ,

reinstall Rom again , good luck /gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post

Thank you!
      yes you can remove gapps, and flash pico.

Problem is your not going to be 100% compatible to everything for android play.

I have way to many paid for apps that I use. Also I rather have my store authenticate as authentic for future Google play store and services updates.

One thing, with or without gapps, your box will always be the same on performance. It's how you setup your box, and which tools you run that makes a difference.

Also the latest firmware for my box is the fastest of all firmwares available, even the recent custom builds, of only one uses my firmware as a base. Not all s912 boxes have recent 7.1.2 updates mid 2018.

Comment

Working...
      X