Failure Messages when Shorting the NAND chip and forcing MASKROM mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure Messages when Shorting the NAND chip and forcing MASKROM mode

I decided to start this topic because from what I've seen here, there isn't one regarding this specific problem.

I have a NEXSMART D32 (RK3229) (1GB+8GB) that had died because of my improper flashing. I revived it by shorting pins on the NAND chip and had successfully restored it to it's default rom.

I then tried to flash a custom rom to it, again, and it died, again. So back to shorting the pins. No problem, power restored for now, and my computer recognizes it in MASKROM mode.

This is where the fun stops.

Every time I try to load the original firmware back on the board, I get various failures during the process.

It doesnt matter which program I use, (Androidtool) (FactoryTool) etc... I always get stuck in the process at some point.

At first it was

10:12:35 591 <Layer 6-1> Download IDB Start
    10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Download IDB Success
    10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Reset Device Start
    10:12:37 136 <Layer 6-1> Reset Device Success
    10:12:37 136 <Layer 6-1> Wait For Loader Start
    10:13:08 005 <Layer 6-1> Wait For Loader Fail
    10:13:08 005 **********Restore Done Success<0> Fail<1> Time<41594>ms**********

Now it's

10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Download IDB Fail

Anyone with knowledge on how to get past these errors, I will, and a bunch of other people I'm sure, will be forever grateful!

Godspeed.

-Captain Ben

Originally posted by CaptainBenSisko View Post
    I decided to start this topic because from what I've seen here, there isn't one regarding this specific problem.

I have a NEXSMART D32 (RK3229) (1GB+8GB) that had died because of my improper flashing. I revived it by shorting pins on the NAND chip and had successfully restored it to it's default rom.

I then tried to flash a custom rom to it, again, and it died, again. So back to shorting the pins. No problem, power restored for now, and my computer recognizes it in MASKROM mode.

This is where the fun stops.

Every time I try to load the original firmware back on the board, I get various failures during the process.

It doesnt matter which program I use, (Androidtool) (FactoryTool) etc... I always get stuck in the process at some point.

At first it was

10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Download IDB Success
    10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Reset Device Start
    10:12:37 136 <Layer 6-1> Reset Device Success
    10:12:37 136 <Layer 6-1> Wait For Loader Start
    10:13:08 005 <Layer 6-1> Wait For Loader Fail

Now it's

10:12:36 115 <Layer 6-1> Download IDB Fail

Anyone with knowledge on how to get past these errors, I will, and a bunch of other people I'm sure, will be forever grateful!

Godspeed.

-Captain Ben
    Hi ,

this sounds not nice , i have the same with my old UT3 , it looks like the Loader Section or similar

is bricked and not reachable , did you tried SDBoot / flash ??? , good luck / gefattern

Comment

[QUOTE
      [/QUOTE]

Hi ,

please try to use other Versions of AndroidTool , i and other Users had the same Problems

with our RK3399/X99 Box , looks like the newer AT Tools had some Bugs inside Code ??? ,

good luck & report / gefattern

Comment

The device doesn't boot. After shorting the pins on the NAND, the computer recognizes it as MASKROM. So I assume SD flashing is out of the question?

I just tried every version of every program I could find to try to install the stock firmware with the same result.

Download IDB fail every time.

Comment

The device doesn't boot. After shorting the pins on the NAND, the computer recognizes it as MASKROM. So I assume SD flashing is out of the question?

I just tried every version of every program I could find to try to install the stock firmware with the same result.

Download IDB fail every time.
          Hi ,

it looks like the PartitionTable is bricked and the boot Section can not be identify , or similar ,

but what Version of AndroidTool did you use , higher 2.38 ??? what about SDBoot ??? already

tried ??? , if you not try SDFlash you do not know , important to do it right Way ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Alrighty, I'm back at it.

I decided to post a few screenshots of what I'm experiencing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Batchtool.png
Views:	834
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	765941

Name:	RKtool2.png
Views:	723
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	765942

As you can see, the computer recognizes the device as MASKROM, but I get these errors.

I attempted to use BurnCardMaker, which I've had great success with, using AMLOGIC based firmwares, to make an image for THIS Rockchip device and THIS is what I get

Name:	bcm.png
Views:	661
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	765943

I am at a loss with this Nexsmart D32 (RK3229) Box. I just cannot get it to work!

Comment

Hi ,

first ,

to make a working RK SDBootCard you can not use a AML Tool , okay , you need

the RK Version , i can later upload a working Version ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi once more ,

here some Tools :

try to make with AndroidTool (firstTab) a Dev.Partition LBATable , then you can see

if your Box is missing a part of it , like on my UT3 ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Arighty, So I clicked the Dev Partition Button and this happens.

Name:	devpart.png
Views:	710
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	765993

Am I missing a step?

Comment

And after making an attempt with the SD card Firmware update, I recieve this.

Name:	20190312_030539.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	765995

Comment

And finally, with the FactoryTool.

Name:	factorytool.png
Views:	744
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	765997

Comment

Hi ,

sounds not nice , think it is the same as on my UT3 , i think you can only use it with SDBoot ,

maybe LibreElec , Linux Versions as avaliable , do not think that a stock Android SDboot Card ,

shall boot , did not work on my Box , only a UM3 Backup made with HDDRawCopy booted from

SD , but how to get a imgc backup of the correct Rom i do not know even with my Box , better to

buy a new one , it is bricked , further good luck / gefattern

Comment

I would like to post an update.

SUCCESS!

I got the box working again.

What I did was cleaned out the pins on the NAND, found a Lollipop version of the software and poof...

Name:	final.png
Views:	668
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	766005

I want to note that it is IMPERATIVE that you do not press down to hard on, or get dirty the pins that surround the NAND chip... (Though a bunch of you probably already know that)

I want to thank you so very much for all your help gefattern, because it was you that made me question and inspect EVERYTHING.

If I can ever return the favor and help anyone else in need here, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Signing out for now

-Captain Ben

Comment

I would like to post an update.

SUCCESS!

I got the box working again.

What I did was cleaned out the pins on the NAND, found a Lollipop version of the software and poof...

Name:	final.png
Views:	668
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	766005

I want to note that it is IMPERATIVE that you do not press down to hard on, or get dirty the pins that surround the NAND chip... (Though a bunch of you probably already know that)

I want to thank you so very much for all your help gefattern, because it was you that made me question and inspect EVERYTHING.

If I can ever return the favor and help anyone else in need here, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Signing out for now

-Captain Ben
                            Hi ,

WoW , Congratulations , good work , really only a clean of the Nandpins & older Version ,

you a happy Guy , if this shall work for all others , a Wonder , but who knows ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi, excuse me for refloat this old message. I want know which are the shorting pins on the NAND chip, because I have the same problem with the program "Burn Card Maker" and the laptop doesn't recognize the TV Box "smArter 4K by etec" (RK3229) (1GB+8GB).

Thank you very much.

Regards, el goro

Comment

Working...
                              X