Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANDROID PRINTING? which android box(es) with powerfull hardware(3/4gb mem+32/64gb storage)with android 8 or 9 allow to print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANDROID PRINTING? which android box(es) with powerfull hardware(3/4gb mem+32/64gb storage)with android 8 or 9 allow to print?

can someone tell me which powerful Android boxes preferably with Android 9 (otherwise with Android 8 or 7) allow to print. With Android 5, all boxes I had, had the PRINT option in SETTINGS above ABOUT MEDIA BOX. With Android 6 it was similar, but with Android 7 it was very difficult to find a box with the print option. I found 1 which is the RIKOMAGIC MK39.
    Does anyone know why the PRINT option is not available in most boxes. Is this an option that has to be added to the rom by the box constructor, or is it an option that some box constructors have taken away thinking that it is a TV box and therefore the PRINT option is not useful.
    Now I am looking for a box with strong hardware specs with preferable Android 9 (otherwise 8) allowing to print. Even if the print option is not directly available in SETTINGS, but maybe otherwise accessible like on phones pressing GEAR at top bar, then SEARCH SETTINGS, then typing in PRINT.
    Any other suggestion or way to print with an Android 9 box is obviously welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance to those that may help or give me a hint.
    Last edited by jean-louis; 05-03-2019, 09:10.

hmm... needs more info...
    printer maker and version
    ​​​​​
    for example:
    I have a Samsung laser printer... with WiFi support, (m2020 I think )
    but I use cable:
    - you take doc / share / Samsung mobile print app... it prints ( note : it requires a internet connection / cloud based )
    alternatively you could also connect the unit to router ( if your router has support ) using usb cable ( cups )
    - or use BT or LAN if your printer has this uption... or place file on USB storage -- then connect USB stick to printer )

If you seek android with powerful hardware... install android x86 or its many forks on a Intel based PC ( BlissOs, PrimeOs, AndroidTv = x86 )
    - i did.. on my Intel atom d525 / ssd / nvidia 730gt / 8 GB ram ddr3 ( mobe: maxsun ) ( mostly used for IPTV/libreelec x86 these days )

But...
    I do not have a android 8/9 TV box... to test this out...
    i do wonder.. does android TV... print service enabled?

note: that most android arm based TV boxes have a 64bit CPU But with a 32bit Os or a 32 bit memory controller ( aka limit to 3gb )

anyway...just some thoughts

Comment

Hi ,

i am not sure if this Function exist in all Roms , i have it on my old 4.4 KK Rom (printing) inside Settings ,

and inside my Stock MIUI Oreo Rom on Note 5 , good luck / gefattern

Comment

if u dont have a printing option in ur android settings
        just use a printing app for ur specific printer....
        works for my smartphone and tv-box

Comment

for printing I use PRINTERSHARE app which works really well on many all boxes and supports many printers. Obviously you need the paid version but it is only a couple of €. For PRINTERSHARE the printer must be directly connected via USB. Sharing a network printer does not work in PRINTERSHARE. This app also has a nice preview of pages to be printed and also for PDF files allowing zoom. For printing I use alternatively PRINTBOT (network printing), PRINTERSHARE and for webpages I often use PRINTFRIENDLY.COM site which allows to delete online lines and pictures (which eat a lot of ink) I do not want to print. You can also create PDF files with PRINTFRIENDLY.COM (for me a superuseful site). If you do not know it, try it out, you will not be disappointed.

For office stuff I use ANDROPENOFFICE.

Comment

Working...
          X