Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying - where should I look first

Hello,

Noob here. Can someone point me in the direction. i assume there has been extensive work on this already. My goal is to make the UI a little more keyboard/non touch screen friendly. I would like to get rid of the pop up keypoard so when I type if i want to scoll over in the sentence with the keyboard arrows, it doesn't select the popup keyboard keys to move left to right over. It would also be nice to not have a keyboard take up half of the screen of a 6 foot tall projector screen when I want to type anything. I'd like to add a traditional scroll bar on the right of any windows so that I might easily know if there is more information and could easily use the keybpard down arrow to scroll down. i know this is android but even ubuntu can be made to look a little different in reagrds to it's appearance to suit the needs of my family and I. I have a Tronsmart T428 THANKS IN ADVANCE

see google market - null keyboard
    this disable's the pop-up keyb..

cheers..

Comment

Oops double post

Comment

I tried three different ones. Even paid w no changes. The oem keyboard is greyed out and cannot be deselected. I think bc things like free hulu will not work, I am going to have to find an emulator or dual boot ubuntu that can load a standard os vs apps. No keyboard and added scroll bars wound be great regardless.
        Last edited by Stewbuntu; 10-06-2013, 22:11.

Comment

Some firmwares..
          have a on/off switch for the pop-up keyb
          -click on textbox ( the popup keyb comes )
          -click on keyb icon, left from the 'time' display on statusbar
          -there you can switch keyb layouts and switch it on/off

null keyb..
          after install -enable it -set as default -then disable popup keyb

goodluck...

Comment

Working...
          X