Essential Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essential Apps

Well I'm really pleased with my Arnova G2 10 tablet, and especially since I went with finless bob's 1.5b ROM for fully Google integration. However I'm a bit stuck as the last time I was using Android was with an HTC Hero 3 years ago.

I've had a browse on Google for recommended tablet apps, and I have downloaded the following:

Tweetcaster for twitter, and Business Calendar (thanks Damo for the recommendation), Facebook official app, Dolphin HD browser (I would highly recommend this), Swiftkey x tablet keyboard (paid for app but worth every penny, and incredible improvement over stock keyboard), tapatalk for forum browsing, kindle app and the normal Google Gmail email application.

Are there any essential apps I've missed? Anything that would make me the tablet even better or easier to use? I'm especially interested in any good free (or very cheap) office apps that would allow me to create and edit word documents and spreadsheets, ideally that could be sent to tablet via email.

Many thanks

Alex / Nighthaunt

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

I also use sky sports football for keeping track of my football teams results, live scores again football results. Poweramp for music is the best player I have found. Just installed a new browser Maxthon for 10inch pad really nice to use but not fully tested it yet.

BBC news, iPlayer, Google plus.

Pulse news, file expert pro, the launcher I now use Adw ex, did previously use Go launcher ex but sick of the latest version been buggy, found Adw ex better with scrolling etc.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk
    Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
    <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
    <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    </form>

Comment

I really enjoy "SportsTap"

It has NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA Football & Basketball, Golf (PGA, LPGA, Europe, Canada), Tennis, Soccer, Auto racing.

Only thing it is missing for me is college hockey.

Comment

My must haves for the Nextbook:

Boat Browser Mini (Lightening fast. I like it much better than Opera Browser & Dolphin)

gMote (Not made by Google. With this app you can stream your movie and music files to a player on your tablet, or you can browse through pictures and just about any folder you give it permission too. Saves a lot of space on tablet. I have a lot of movies on my comp, it's nice to watch them on my tablet w/o having to actually put the file on it. Easy set-up, just download its free companion program for your computer. Only negative is your PC & Tablet must be on same WI-Fi network).

Hulu Plus (for $8 per month, the TV show selections are decent...but I was shocked by their extensive movie library. Some stuff you really can't find anywhere else.)

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
          My must haves for the Nextbook:

Boat Browser Mini (Lightening fast. I like it much better than Opera Browser & Dolphin)

gMote (Not made by Google. With this app you can stream your movie and music files to a player on your tablet, or you can browse through pictures and just about any folder you give it permission too. Saves a lot of space on tablet. I have a lot of movies on my comp, it's nice to watch them on my tablet w/o having to actually put the file on it. Easy set-up, just download its free companion program for your computer. Only negative is your PC & Tablet must be on same WI-Fi network).

Hulu Plus (for $8 per month, the TV show selections are decent...but I was shocked by their extensive movie library. Some stuff you really can't find anywhere else.)
          Thanks for the tips!!

Comment

Working...
          X