Kingbox K4 Max, issue with support to DRM scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingbox K4 Max, issue with support to DRM scheme

Hi everyone , i'm new to the forum and to the tv box world. I just received a tv box Kingbox k4 Max with android 9. I installed a streaming app to which i pay a subscription (infinity) but i couldn't watch anything. I receveid the message "this device does not support the required drm scheme". What should i do, in order to use the app?

Thanks for the replies

Buy a box that has "Google Certified" in its marketing details. Google Certified only applies to boxes with AndroidTV OS and having license certificates to have Widevine Level 1 DRM. Most common choices are Xiaomi MiBox 4 or Nvidia Shield where everything works including Netflix. Mecool has some "Google Certified" TVbox's but Netflix will only work with a patched version.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply, so the only thing i can do with this one is to return it to Amazon and buy a new one with Google certification?

Comment

Originally posted by dario939 View Post
        Thanks a lot for the reply, so the only thing i can do with this one is to return it to Amazon and buy a new one with Google certification?
        Yes.

Did quick Google research on your Kingbox and it is junk with old cpu RK3228, if you paid more than $20 for it you got swindled.

Look here in FreakTab forum for reviews of TVbox's or on YouTube. But, if running DRM protected Apps is the main goal then you need to buy one with "Google Certified DRM Widevine L1"

Comment

I wish i knew this stuff before buying. Now i know, i can fix the problem, i hope. I paid it ?40 Thank you again for the advice, have a nice day

Comment

Working...
          X