Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change launcher in Tanix Tx3 mini-Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change launcher in Tanix Tx3 mini-Problem.

I have a Tanix Tx3 mini with android 7.1.2. I can install Nova laucher, but when I set it as the default launcher to the next restart of the box, the original launcher of the box always appears.
    Can anyone give me a solution?
    Thank you

Originally posted by piazzolla View Post
    I have a Tanix Tx3 mini with android 7.1.2. I can install Nova laucher, but when I set it as the default launcher to the next restart of the box, the original launcher of the box always appears.
    Can anyone give me a solution?
    Thank you
    Hi ,

i think there is a Problem with this Rom &
    NovaLauncher , you are not alone , did you
    set it over Settings or in Nova Settings to default ,
    if you have root you can change the stock
    Launcher with any you want inside System ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I believe you can force the launcher in some ROMs with a build.prop edit, something like this:
      Code:
      ro.mylauncher.pkgName=com.android.launcher3
      mylauncher part may not be correct, can't remember what the exact line was suppose to read, maybe first.launcher or launcher_first or just ro.launcher.pkgName=*

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        I believe you can force the launcher in some ROMs with a build.prop edit, something like this:
        Code:
        ro.mylauncher.pkgName=com.android.launcher3
        mylauncher part may not be correct, can't remember what the exact line was suppose to read, maybe first.launcher or launcher_first or just ro.launcher.pkgName=*

Sorry ignorance, but where should these changes be made in android? I understand something in windows, but very little in android.
        Thank you

Comment

... but where should these changes be made in android? ...
          What is Build.prop file on android and how to edit it

Comment

Sorry, I read what the build.prop file is and its importance (as for the launcher I will now see how to do it). But sorry if I ask you a question outside the launcher. Reading that the build.prop contains a lot of information about the android device, something came to my mind; now I'll explain. On my TV BOX, in order for the Newpipe program to work properly, I have to switch to automatic rotation. If I do this the videos work well, but the next time Android restarts, the automatic rotation is disabled. Could it be that since a TV screen does not need to be rotated, the BOX producer wrote in the file: build.prop that the rotation function cannot be set permanently?
            It may be a stupid question, but I still do it to you.
            Thank you

Comment

Could it be that since a TV screen does not need to be rotated, the BOX producer wrote in the file: build.prop that the rotation function cannot be set permanently?
              The android versions in tv-boxes are generic android OS, mostly exactly like mobile android, so you can force the Rotation with rotation control apps or make it permanently Landscape.
              build.prop code to force all apps on tv box in landscape mode:
              Code:
              persist.sys.app.rotation=force_land[I][B][/B][/I]

Comment

Hi ,

he can only change it with root ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                X