Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me find a cheaper android option than what I am currently using to run my app. 😎

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me find a cheaper android option than what I am currently using to run my app. 😎

Hi
    I hope one of the forum members might be able to help
    I run an advertising business which uses an in house app that currently only runs on Android 4.2.2
    The box we currently use is http://www.smartdevicetech.com/IoT-mainboard/iot-20a.html
    I am trying to find a cheaper alternative as this box is expensive.
    I am thinking that we could possibly use an android TV box or maybe a Pi ?

The box or Pi must be able to run android 4.2.2 and must have a real time clock as well as two usb ports and good wifi. A 12v operating voltage would be ideal but is not a deal breaker.

Is there a TV box with firmware available that would allow me to flash android 4.2.2 to it and that has a RTC or provision for a battery to be fitted to the board?
    Or would a Pi of some description be a better alternative?

Thanks for your help.
    Sliding

Originally posted by Sliding View Post
    Hi
    I hope one of the forum members might be able to help
    I run an advertising business which uses an in house app that currently only runs on Android 4.2.2
    The box we currently use is http://www.smartdevicetech.com/IoT-mainboard/iot-20a.html
    I am trying to find a cheaper alternative as this box is expensive.
    I am thinking that we could possibly use an android TV box or maybe a Pi ?

The box or Pi must be able to run android 4.2.2 and must have a real time clock as well as two usb ports and good wifi. A 12v operating voltage would be ideal but is not a deal breaker.

Is there a TV box with firmware available that would allow me to flash android 4.2.2 to it and that has a RTC or provision for a battery to be fitted to the board?
    Or would a Pi of some description be a better alternative?

Thanks for your help.
    Sliding
    Hi ,

why you are using such an old System , for what ??? and who wants Ads , nobody , they shall update the

App , that it can be used on new Systems like Oreo & Pie , this shows , the App Developers are not interested

in the Users , and for sure you can not flash this old 4.2.2 Rom to other Boxes , (ads away / best Way)

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Whether you like it or not adverts are apart of our world.
      What Tv box supports the earliest version of android like lollipop?

Comment

Originally posted by Sliding View Post
        Thanks for your reply. Whether you like it or not adverts are apart of our world.
        What Tv box supports the earliest version of android like lollipop?
        Hi ,

you are right , but every User must have the right to
        decide it by his own if he wants to see this lies , not Money grabbing Companys or Goverments ,

if you really need a older Box for 4.4.2 or 5.1 , i think
        a RK3288 can still be used with it or older AML Boxes , like S905 , but why they not update the risky old App so that it can be used with new Android Systems ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

As your app is in-house, would it not be better for your clients, and cheaper in the long run for your buisness, to have your in-house developer just update the app?

As the board you are using uses an A20 Allwinner SoC, you could search sites like aliexpress for A20.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X