Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is IR learning possible on Mecool KM3 remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is IR learning possible on Mecool KM3 remote?

The remote which comes with the Mecool KM3 (pictured below) supports CEC, but I was wondering, does this remote also support regular IR learning? I have a TV which doesn't support CEC and would love to remap the power button to turn on/off the TV.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tmrvh1iL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	784015

I think that this remote works only with bluetooth.

Comment

I have a lot of different remotes, and I purchased the "G30 2.4G Wireless Voice Air Mouse 34 Keys" a couple of weeks ago, and it is fantastic. It is not perfect, but very comfortable to hold, the mic works great. It is the ONLY remote like this that I can program the volume keys for my AVR. The "air mouse" part of the remote works great also. Here is Trebors review. The price has gone to $20 from Gearbest, I got it for $9.99 USD with free shipping. Do a search and you will find different sellers that have it for $9.99 USD. You will NOT be disappointed with this remote.

Something Interesting I found and happen to like the G30 Wireless Remote (https://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse/pp_009592573735.html?wid=1433363&lkid=78378392) and for $9.99 had to be worth a look and so I did Easy to use: Similar in look to the current Air mouse/Remote found with many TV boxes today, except more buttons I

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Denis213 View Post
        I think that this remote works only with bluetooth.
        It is bluetooth, but it also can send IR signals.

The power button itself sends an IR signal to the Mecool. I know, because I pointed it at another remote, which can learn IR commands from other remotes, and it learnt the Mecool's power button.

Thanks for the G30 recommendation; I've got a G20 coming on the way, as I prefer that form factor over the G30, but I may consider also getting the G30.

Does the Google assistant come up when you press the G30 mic button? Do you have to disable air mouse when you use its mic? I have a Wokei / TK628 which is finicky with the mic button like that.

Comment

The mic is one of the best parts of that remote. It works flawlessly with the Google Assistant and no you do not have to turn off the are mouse part to use it. I liked it so much I ordered another one.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
            The mic is one of the best parts of that remote. It works flawlessly with the Google Assistant and no you do not have to turn off the are mouse part to use it. I liked it so much I ordered another one.
            For the IR buttons, do you have to press the TV button first, and then press the IR buttons for them to work? Also, can you basically whisper in to the mic, like you can with the Shield TV Controller, and it will still pick up your voice?

Comment

Originally posted by Cychro View Post

For the IR buttons, do you have to press the TV button first, and then press the IR buttons for them to work? Also, can you basically whisper in to the mic, like you can with the Shield TV Controller, and it will still pick up your voice?
              Yes, to both questions. I have this remote programmed (super easy) to turn the volume UP and DOWN by depressing the "TV" button to enter the IR function. Depress the "TV" button to EXIT the IR function.

I have a shield connected to the same TV (going through my Yamaha AVR), as my other Android boxes. I rarely use my Shield, but this remote's "voice" function works the same.

Comment

Yes, to both questions. I have this remote programmed (super easy) to turn the volume UP and DOWN by depressing the "TV" button to enter the IR function. Depress the "TV" button to EXIT the IR function.

I have a shield connected to the same TV (going through my Yamaha AVR), as my other Android boxes. I rarely use my Shield, but this remote's "voice" function works the same.
                Can you at least program the TV OFF button, without having to press the TV button first? Like, is there a way to map certain IR buttons without having to shift to TV mode first?

Because I was thinking of buying this as a universal remote for an older family member, whose not very good with remotes.

Comment

I have a lot of different remotes, and I purchased the "G30 2.4G Wireless Voice Air Mouse 34 Keys" a couple of weeks ago, and it is fantastic. It is not perfect, but very comfortable to hold, the mic works great. It is the ONLY remote like this that I can program the volume keys for my AVR. The "air mouse" part of the remote works great also. Here is Trebors review. The price has gone to $20 from Gearbest, I got it for $9.99 USD with free shipping. Do a search and you will find different sellers that have it for $9.99 USD. You will NOT be disappointed with this remote.

Something Interesting I found and happen to like the G30 Wireless Remote (https://www.gearbest.com/air-mouse/pp_009592573735.html?wid=1433363&lkid=78378392) and for $9.99 had to be worth a look and so I did Easy to use: Similar in look to the current Air mouse/Remote found with many TV boxes today, except more buttons I
                  Hi I think you confused the topic, since he was asking about the Mecool remote and programming it, not looking for a buy of another remote. That remote is not even Bluetooth so it will require USB dongle to be inserted

Cychro - your only foolproof route is to get a mecool box and eventually replace their TV with a CEC capable one. Non-techie people and older folks will only get into trouble with complex remotes, especially if they have multiple modes and buttons which will invariably be pressed by accident.

The simpler the remote the better. The stock Mecool remote is fine in this way but lacks IR learning.

Comment

Working...
                  X