This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV box that works with external touch monitor

Hi, I would really appreciate it if someone could direct/advise me on what android tv box I could buy to work with an external touch monitor. The idea is to have the monitor act as a kiosk for students who will then use the touch screen to play various android based games/apps. I have purchased a "T95 Turewell Android Box' from Amazon but that was a fail since the touch compatibility did not match with the touch-screen (as a result you would only be able to use the android by moving the mouse cursor on screen and there was no way to take that function out); on top of that the box did not have any "Developer Options" in its settings. The touch monitor that we have is an Acer T232HL.

And of course the price range needs to be well under 100$. Thank you!

Please write me a Private Message, I will help you out.

Neomode

Comment

i also want to know

Comment

hallo!
        in my experience: i've tried with different android boxes, and i can say that T9; VIDEN W2 and HK1 max supports touchscreens.
        in many devices, touchscreen is not supported because some modules is missing from the kernel, there are a lot of experienced users here that can help you to insert this modules.

i think there are a lot of desperate users around the world facing with this issue, why not publish an official guide with a collection of .ko modules for different kernels (?) and a step by step instructions? or a list of native touchscreen supported devices?

Comment

my freaktab hireessaywriter

Hello,
          Can I setup a kiosk with a 24" Planar touchscreen monitor and an Android box? I've a MX 4k Pro Android box. Are there any other good alternatives?

Comment

Are there any instructions or guides for how to add touchscreen support to an Amlogic Android box?

Comment

Android TVs are too much useful as we can attach gb whatsapp version and use the calling, texting and sharing images/file & URLs on Android TV boxes as well.

Comment

This is actually a pretty neat idea, ngl. If you've already done it, I'd be interested in hearing about the final product. I've just bought a new monitor and I'm so super excited to finally love working from home. I work in the fashion desgin industry, so I have no idea how I went on during the pandemic without aproper monitor. I struggle figuring out which pixel to go with and I'm constantly changing the spot I work in cause the sun is blinding my desktop. I found one that i really liked and I also read some great reviws on bestbezellessmonitor about it. Since I got it I simply love working from home and I don't want to go back.
                Last edited by heavens2020; 01-26-2021, 19:01.

Comment

Did anyone figure out an Android TV box or stick that has touch screen support built in?

Comment

Working...
                  X