Android 9 for Amlogic S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks for taking the time to explain, I think we are getting there. :-)

It was clear to me from the beginning that the extended format is caused by some extra " actions "

So when the boxes came with the 7.1 firmware, it didn't have to format certain partitions, because I flashed a 7.1 build which had the same partitions.

Now that the boxes come with 9.0 firmware, which everyone claims is actually nothing more than 7.1 with some settings changed, it is obvious from the extended formatting time that it has to format some partitions that are different from the 7.1 build.

So the question is which partitions would that be, and since it is claimed that it's actually a 7.1 firmware instead of 9.0, why are those partition different?

Does sticking the Android Tv settings in a 7.1 build change the partition size?

Mate i can tell you there is no 9 with 3.* kernel...
    now... if you can get me that rom i will make things clear, see if you can get the actual img or zip to flash from the manufacturer!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

now... if you can get me that rom i will make things clear, see if you can get the actual img or zip to flash from the manufacturer!
      I asked videostrong already for the firmware a few days ago but still waiting for them to send me a download link. Maybe I can extract it from one of the boxes, and will forward to you.

The main question that remains unanswered for me is, if it is a 7.1 firmware, what's the reason it has different partition sizes of the 7.1 build i flash?

Comment

I asked videostrong already for the firmware a few days ago but still waiting for them to send me a download link. Maybe I can extract it from one of the boxes, and will forward to you.

The main question that remains unanswered for me is, if it is a 7.1 firmware, what's the reason it has different partition sizes of the 7.1 build i flash?
        it can be lots of reasons, but i can make you 1000 7.1 roms all with different partition sizes, its simple!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

I have sent you a pm with a link to the firmware

Just notice that I actually sent the link 3 times lol.

Forum software clearly has issues

Comment

I have sent you a pm with a link to the firmware

Just notice that I actually sent the link 3 times lol.

Forum software clearly has issues
            ye, the forum have some issues, neomode is already on it i think

Comment

Ok to end this topic, i just check the FW Jancales sent and it cleary 7.1 but with a very very weak "disguise"(?) to 9....

Comment

Since your comment indicates that there is little chance of any hands on reviews yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nassa View Post
                  Since your comment indicates that there is little chance of any hands on reviews yet.
                  sorry dint get what you mean!
                  Like i said this topic is ended, the rom sent to me is 110% android 7.1 so nothing to review here!

Comment

S912 linux 4.9 https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-s912-t4129963

Comment

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-s912-t4129963 https://docs.khadas.com/vim2/FirmwareAndroid.html

Comment

I saw some ATV9 version package update for H96+ firmware, it that for real??

Comment

Working...
                        X